Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 06:33 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times

Advertisements

I'm writing a fanfiction story on the "24" website and for authenticity I'm wondering about something and if would be nice if any of ya'll can help me out here if you have any knowledge in this area.

I know the Mossad is the Israeli version of the CIA and the IDF is their military and that "Shin Bet" is the domestic intelligence agency but wikipedia says they also do counterterrorism work. The story is about an American exchange student who becomes a hero when Hamas terrorists storm his Tel Aviv high school and hold it hostage. The school siege is a diversion for Muslim terrorists to take over Israel's nuclear arsenal and attempt to use it against U.S. forces in Iraq and the Persian Gulf. Would Shin Bet or the IDF be the agency to response to hostage rescue operations on Israeli soil? If this fictional hostage situation includes American hostages, how much leverage does the U.S. have over the local officials? Especially since Israel is one of those countries that exists because America protects it, much like Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, Ukraine, Poland and Japan.

Also, are the West Bank and Gaza Strip under the jurisdiction of Shin Bet or Mossad or IDF? Does the Mossad have commando teams in addition to spies and assassins like the CIA? The climax of my story is set in Gaza City where the hero and his sidekick team up with commandos to take control of a terrorist facility where the nuclear missiles are being programmed and launched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia