Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 09:43 AM

11 posts, read 32,102 times

Advertisements

Strict places with strict enforcement on not flushing toilets, jaywalking, littering, spitting, carrying durians on trains, eating on trains and buses, the very opposite to China with the above very common among the people in China.
What are the people like?
Not as fashionable as other developed countries in Asia. English is great.
Is the health and food regulations sector up to US standards?
Yes. Very well.
Is it a clean enviorment?
Very clean due to strict laws. As clean as Japan.
Is singapore a place where americans can study?
Yes. Education is among the best in asia. English is the main language of education.
Is it true that their economy is growing?
Yes, economy is doing very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 07:05 PM

9,572 posts, read 20,722,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceofangel View Post
I was just in Singapore for a quick post graduation trip. Some people claim that it is essentially a police state. However if all the cities in the world can be like that I wouldn't mind living in such a police state.
Unless one has some ideological opposition Singapore's government and wants to boycott it, I don't really see how it's strict laws would effect you unless you are doing something wrong. No it's not a 'police state' those people don't know what a real military/police state is like. There are not soldiers or police everywhere with machine guns. Some laws are strict, sure, but the average tourist is not likely to break any. The penalties are well-advertised. I don't approve of everything S'pore does, but as a place to visit, I've never had any problems.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:53 AM

40 posts, read 56,526 times
I heard Singapore gov. Is very strict on criminals. Thats good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia