Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider Philippine people Hispanic?
Yes 44 7.01%
Semi-Hispanic 143 22.77%
Not at all 441 70.22%
Voters: 628. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 11:11 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,995,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
It's not that they come from a few places, they can come from all over, but the social classes are limited. You're not gonna see as much of the lower classes, but you'll see more of the middle and upper classes. And Negritos & Muslims are usually in the lowest classes
in the middle east you can see alot of muslims from philippines

Old 04-04-2013, 11:15 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
in the middle east you can see alot of muslims from philippines
Then that has more to do with the fact that Muslims would rather go to countries that share their values, and the US does not

Old 04-04-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Filipinos (and other Asians) should stop wanting to look Western and just be proud of your Asiatic heritage. You're not Hispanics, end of story, not in the way you look or culture.
You're misinformed. More Filipinos these days want to look East Asian than Hispanic. Filipinos love Koreans and love to emulate them, so we're already embracing our "Asiatic heritage." If you ask Filipino men and women the question: "Which do you prefer: moreno (brown skin, typical), mestizo (Caucasian-mixed), or chinito (East Asian-looking)"? They'll likely pick chinito/a

The question is the Filipino equivalent to: "blondes, brunettes, or redheads?"

Old 04-04-2013, 11:23 AM

wrong...you probably never been to cali
but majority of filipino there claim to be hawiian or latino

Old 04-04-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
wrong...you probably never been to cali
but majority of filipino there claim to be hawiian or latino
I'm talking about Filipinos in the Philippines, where 90% of the world's Filipino population lives... I don't care about the 1% that live in Cali

Old 04-04-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about Filipinos in the Philippines, where 90% of the world's Filipino population lives... I don't care about the 1% that live in Cali
well hermosa and pinai are both filipinos in the Philippines and they claim to be hispanic..

Old 04-04-2013, 12:46 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,086,639 times
Quote:
well hermosa and pinai are both filipinos in the Philippines and they claim to be hispanic..
I claim yes because I have been to Spain and saw their culture and practices that I can also see in the Philippines which most people NOW are not even aware that these practices were contributed to us by Spain and Mexico and not originally ours. I claim to be because Philippines is a part of the Latin Union and no matter how you or any one else try to deny it because of bitterness or obsession for Chinese - Vietnamese look and culture , because of our country being outside of Latin America , because of not speaking Spanish but just having many Spanish words that most people in the Philippines are not even aware of , still , you cannot do anything to remove the Philippines from being a member of the Latin Union.. You may appeal to the Philippine government if you want to. I claim to be because of my roots.. My great grand father was a soldier from Barcelona ... We do not have any Chinese ancestry and I do not look like a Chinese at all so to show to everyone in this forum that all Filipinos look Chinese / Viets is really wrong . If Spain recognizes the Philippines as the Latins of Asia , why can't people just accept that ? We cannot just be Asian because there is a strong hispanic influence.. That's why to be fair, since we are geographically Asian but culturally hispanic it makes sense to say Asian Hispanics right ? We cannot just acknowledge one because it will be totally unfair to deny the other.

Last edited by Hermosaa; 04-04-2013 at 12:59 PM..

Old 04-04-2013, 01:04 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,086,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
The Phillippines is a hodgepodge of various ethnic groups with different customs and languages. I can't see how such a nation can be governed!

Ethnic groups in the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mga pangkat etniko sa Pilipinas - Wikipedia, ang malayang ensiklopedya

To call such a nation "Hispanic" is absurd. What is "Hispanic" about the Muslims in Mindanao?

And yes, there are some Filipinos of Chinese ancestry, and some may "look" more Chinese than others. I have heard they are a wealthy and powerful group.

I have met some Filipinos in my life. There is a university in my hometown where Filipino nurses take exams certifying them for practice in the U.S. They come to Mass at my church. My guess is they tend to come from a few places, not from all over the Philippines. I don't think I've met a Negrito or Muslim nurse.
We are not talking about the Muslims in Mindanao... They are Filipinos yes but they have a different culture and religion.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Well most Filipinos in the Philippines dont give 2 ****s about anything Spanish or Latino. That's last century stuff

However, if you go to Spain, the Filipinos there are just like the Latin American immigrants. They fit in very well, unlike other immigrant groups like Chinese, Arabs, and Pakistanis, they're all seen as very foreign, Filipinos & Latinos are not

Old 04-04-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Well most Filipinos in the Philippines dont give 2 ****s about anything Spanish or Latino. That's last century stuff

However, if you go to Spain, the Filipinos there are just like the Latin American immigrants. They fit in very well, unlike other immigrant groups like Chinese, Arabs, and Pakistanis, they're all seen as very foreign, Filipinos & Latinos are not
if you ask any filipino in manila about his/her ethnicity he will go on about how his spanish priest ancestor raped his negrito ancestor and created him/her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia