Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 05:27 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Don't you ever tire of these juvenile pretenses that you do not understand idioms and figures of speech? I find it quite annoying from anyone over the age of ten. Grow up.
We're talking about people that say they believe in demons, and your recommendation is to grow up.......... riiiiiiiiiiight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 PM

17,775 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
We're talking about people that say they believe in demons, and your recommendation is to grow up.......... riiiiiiiiiiight
In his defense he does have an advanced degree in "mystics". They probably have a 6000 level course on demons in that curriculum.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:52 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
Can a christian be demon posessed

LOL, I disbelieve equally the christian god and the christian demon, some comic books have a better plot line than the christian bible. I do not believe anything can be possessed by mythological entities.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:00 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
The mainstream Christian dogma is "No" a Christian can only be demon "oppressed". I heard that stated SO MANY times during my bible belt journeys.

So you know it must be true!

Old 04-27-2011, 11:40 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,004 times
Sometimes I think my wife is possessed.........but she's not a christian so.......maybe C34 could shed some light on the matter as he's the expert in these matters.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:24 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
The mainstream Christian dogma is "No" a Christian can only be demon "oppressed". I heard that stated SO MANY times during my bible belt journeys.

So you know it must be true!

Just because a lot of people believe the same thing does not automatically mean they're wrong, no more than it means they're automatically right.

We still have to apply the intellect to come to a conclusion. The difference for believers, and why their opinions on the subject dovetail so often, is that we have the Word of God as a standard of reference to bounce new ideas against.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Just because a lot of people believe the same thing does not automatically mean they're wrong, no more than it means they're automatically right.

We still have to apply the intellect to come to a conclusion. The difference for believers, and why their opinions on the subject dovetail so often, is that we have the Word of God as a standard of reference to bounce new ideas against.

But that's like having a board nailed onto sand and saying it's firm.

You believe the word is god's but is just as easily can can be the word of man claiming to be god. All evidence is that your "word" is exactly that, now that we've developed and grown as a species over the last 2000 years.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:44 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
But that's like having a board nailed onto sand and saying it's firm.

You believe the word is god's but is just as easily can can be the word of man claiming to be god. All evidence is that your "word" is exactly that, now that we've developed and grown as a species over the last 2000 years.

"All evidence" to you, maybe, but not to me. My God is still there and my Jesus is still the foundation of solid rock on which I've built my life.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
"All evidence" to you, maybe, but not to me. My God is still there and my Jesus is still the foundation of solid rock on which I've built my life.
That's a personal conviction though. 20,000 + denominations all have variants and all are perceived to be solid and unchangeable by those who adhere to them.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Sometimes I think my wife is possessed.........but she's not a christian so.......maybe C34 could shed some light on the matter as he's the expert in these matters.
All women are possessed to one degree or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism