Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 04:37 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I'm going to guess home schooled or 'church' schools, but clearly science was verboten

I said: "But this is impossible, ask any creationist. According to them nothing is older than approximately 7,000 to 13,000 years old. Yet the center of our galaxy is approximately 26,000 light years away. That means what we are seeing happened approximately 26,000 years ago, long before anything existed.

Thus either creationists are wrong, or the scientists are wrong. Which is it?"

To which I received the following response:
"wow, am I really about to respond to this? whew

ok, if your using a telescope doesnt this bring your vision closer. And when a light is turned on can't you see it instantly? Sure, the light may travel at a speed but my eye can see instantly, especially if I bring my eye closer to what I'm looking at. Think about it. Does it take light years for your eye to see millions of lightyears away? Of course not. It's pretty instantly, as soon as you put your eye up to it. Do you see the light now?

I didn't even have to pray about this one. wow.

I am glad I visited the forum though, as it would be a shame to have something like this defying the Living God.

And thank you Ashville. You've brought this thread right where it needs to be. I bless you in the name of Yahushua... So Be It."

Even watching NOVA or PBS or similar shows on Satan Channel........ errrr I mean Science Channel or just common sense would come into play.
I'm curious as to how you responded back? Did you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 04:59 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I'm curious as to how you responded back? Did you?
Actually a whole bunch of theists did before me, one's that actually understand basic science, and many of whom were dismissed as also being wrong till after perhaps 15 - 20 such posts from different people often with links to fact.

Not being one to check my punches, I also expressed my amazement at the amazing levels willful stupidity and provided links to real facts. The poster has grudgingly admitted he was wrong but at the same time vehemently dismissed the concept he might be wrong about other things he sees as reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism