Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 09:00 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,462,548 times

Advertisements

I am not a christian. But I am not an atheist.

I help other people because that is the job of a concerned citizen and responsible member of the community.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:03 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,961,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post

Atheist Volunteers

Highlights:

"The atheists on Reddit have managed to hit their goal and raise over $60,000 for Doctors Without Borders! They have moved their goal because giving is so much fun, why stop? The new goal is $75,000!"

There are numerous groups doing good deeds inspired solely out of the desire to help one another out.
And, about Doctors without Borders, my dil's dad is one of their docs. He is 70 now and still working to help people. He was in Haiti, but he had to leave there as he just could not take the conditions at his advanced age.

He's not an athiest, but he is not a Christian either. He is Hindu.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:05 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,566,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lucy- View Post
False.

Warren Buffett is agnostic (NOT atheist).

Bill Gates is agnostic (NOT atheist).
Melinda Gates is Roman Catholic.

George Soros is agnostic (NOT atheist).
But they don't believe or follow the bronze age children's book you base your self-consuming, self-deprecating irrational ignorance based hatred on......

Old 12-13-2011, 10:40 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,695,308 times
Quote:
False.

Anyway my question was atheist as a group/community together, not what individual people were doing.

Poppycock!
As others have pointed out (post 5), you were just trolling. Hope the lord has bestowed brownie points to you, the fake warrior. And you could not do a 10-second search (see post 20, for example)?????

Last edited by calmdude; 12-13-2011 at 11:02 AM..

Old 12-14-2011, 07:21 AM

87 posts, read 120,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Christians help themselves first, with these monuments they build to demonstrate their ignorance by worshiping bronze age fictional characters.

They spend a great deal of money sending people to spread their bronze age ignorance into other cultures.

There are three professions that make their living with their mouth, politicians, preachers and prostitutes, and I support none of them with my $$$.

Atheists donate to charities where a much greater portion goes to actually helping people. Atheist actually get off their butt and go an do something to help others.
Calling worshipping Jesus Christ bronze-age just show how lack of knowledge you have in everything, and how ignorant you are.
Please get educated, then come and talk. You don't know what you're talking about.
BTW God still loves atheists.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:23 AM

87 posts, read 120,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
But they don't believe or follow the bronze age children's book you base your self-consuming, self-deprecating irrational ignorance based hatred on......
Like I said to the another atheist in previous post. Calling 'Christianity bronze age children's book' just shows how lack of knowledge and ignorant you are.

Anyway back to topic. It does not matter whether you are Jew, Muslim or Christian, we all worship one God.

Melinda, Bill and the other two don't deny God, like atheist do.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:01 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,695,308 times
Quote:
Melinda, Bill and the other two don't deny God, like atheist do.
I did not specifically respond to this because no one can be sure. Depending on the website, they are all classified as atheists (Meet A Few Rich Atheists! ) or agnostic. KEY POINT is that they are certainly NOT believers, and they do not donate because they will get brownie points when they die (like your folks do). Your agenda was to show non-christians in bad light, and it failed miserably. A true christian would have done a 10-second search and found the answers and not try to gloat about it.

Quote:
Like I said to the another atheist in previous post. Calling 'Christianity bronze age children's book' just shows how lack of knowledge and ignorant you are..
I thought someone who does not BLINDLY believe in a old tale would be a progressive?? Ignorant would be closer to someone who simply believes what is fed to him. As to lack of knowledge, look up what having "faith" and not questioning anything can lead to.

Quote:
Anyway back to topic. It does not matter whether you are Jew, Muslim or Christian, we all worship one God..
JOKE OF THE CENTURY - you should have told it to the millions who have died in the name of religion over thousands of years. It would have brought a smile to their dying faces and their families would be happy and understanding of the reason for these killings.

Last edited by calmdude; 12-14-2011 at 08:36 AM..

Old 12-14-2011, 09:27 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,963,605 times
Quote:
What do atheist, particularly 'American atheist' do to help support people in need, with money etc.?

Many, if not all, churches do help people in need, such as donating stuff to the poor, to the homeless, sick and targeted people. They even cook meals for those many hungry people out there.
I am wondering what makes you think that just because a person is not a Christian that they cannot have a heart for others. I am not an atheist, but I am certainly no Christian. I give physically, materially, monetarily to American Indian charities and individuals...exclusively. Why do I do this? It's because I love all Indian people, simple as that. I need no religious motivation to do so.

The same is true for atheists, agnostics, Hindus, Jews...whatever. They do it because they have a heart, compassion or love for whatever people or cause they determine worthy of supporting. They do it to be of help and service to those people.

I wonder then if Fundamentalist Christians are doing so out of true altruism or because it will get them greater rewards and brownie points with their god. You know, "receive their crowns." If the latter, it seems to me that that gets into the realm of selfish motivation.

Last edited by Fullback32; 12-14-2011 at 09:54 AM..

Old 12-14-2011, 09:53 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,206,988 times
It has become quite clear to me from your many posts, Lucy, that you have no intention of learning anything or of dispelling your erroneous assumptions about atheists. It seems that all you want to do is throw around your hatred and bigotry and try to justify said hatred and bigotry. I feel very bad for you and hope you find peace one day. It might be easier to find said peace if you actually listen to all the answers that you are given and to open up your mind to the possiblity that all these things that you have made up might be incorrect. There is no excuse for ignorance when knowledge has been handed to you.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:26 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,696,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
He is Hindu.
"Ha-hah, you can't kill a Hindu!" --Apu Nahasapeemapetilon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism