Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 10:04 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,238,768 times

Advertisements

I can understand why Christians feel Atheists do little charitable work. Atheists don't have infomercials!

Seriously, when was the last time you saw a well dressed, overfed Atheist with a camera crew walking thru a slum bragging about how much good they've done for those people?

Never! They don't need to brag and pat themselves on the back, they help because it's the right thing to do.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:05 AM

16,292 posts, read 28,605,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lucy- View Post
You still continue to be ignorant, because you don't know anything better.
All I have to say is read the bible.

Jesus is a wonderful man who saved us all and taught us good stuff.
I have, and it is a boat load of bovine excrement, perhaps you should actually read it.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:15 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,252,721 times
Quote:
I'm very educated person and know the truth, unlike most atheist who are uneducated, ignorant and had bad life, that's why they have no faith, which I feel bad for those people. Unfortunately, not everyone wants to go to heaven and paradise, and not everyone deserves it. That's peoples individual problem.

You don't need to feel bad for me, I have a faith in Christ and God, and I'm the one who will go to heaven

God Bless

PS! 2.3 billion Christians cannot be wrong.... so get over youself.
We're by FAR the majority, not atheist who only are 1.6% of the population vs. 80% Christians and over 90% who believe in God.
Honestly - I don't believe you are educated. Your posts are riddled with bad grammar and poor sentence structure. I don't usually comment on this but since you continue to say that atheists are not educated, I feel like it is necessary to point this out. Perhaps English is your second language? I'm not sure.

I'm not uneducated. I have my BFA from a wonderful university. I was raised by two parents that loved me beyond belief. I have a wonderful husband, son and doggy. So basically - I'm very well educated, I'm not ignorant, and I've had a wonderful life.

As for your saying that you are the one that will go to Heaven - if it makes you feel better to taunt other people - then that's fine.

Once again - I don't believe that you are sincere in any of your posts or your questions. You are merely using the forum as a place to air your prejudices and your hatred. You keep putting forth erroneous assumptions only to have them proved incorrect - and instead of listening and learning, you continue to spout your hatred.

Last edited by Dewdroplet76; 12-15-2011 at 10:37 AM..

Old 12-15-2011, 10:25 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,238,768 times
Quote:
I'm very educated person and know the truth, unlike most atheist who are uneducated, ignorant and had bad life, that's why they have no faith, which I feel bad for those people. Unfortunately, not everyone wants to go to heaven and paradise, and not everyone deserves it. That's peoples individual problem.

You don't need to feel bad for me, I have a faith in Christ and God, and I'm the one who will go to heaven

God Bless

We're by FAR the majority, not atheist who only are 1.6% of the population vs. 80% Christians and over 90% who believe in God.
I have to respectfully disagree with your statement as to the intelligence level of Atheists.

I know many on both sides of the fence and let me tell you, I've NEVER met a stupid Atheist.

Then again that's just my little Pagan opinion .

Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:

God Bless

You may be the most knowledgeable bible scholar on the planet, but you wouldn't know the truth if it bit you on the butt.

I am also educated and intelligent, and have a great life.

As for your child like logic of your last point, yes they can be wrong, and they are, as the majority of people on the planet would attest. Your Argumentum ad populum - Fallacy that something is correct based on the amount of people who believe it. Look how many people believe in Jesus, They can't all be wrong.

Your hate is so un-christian like, your anger and name calling childish, this is the picture your posts paint for me.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:28 AM

705 posts, read 1,113,531 times
Quote:

God Bless

Ms. Lucy, I cannot dispute your level of education, but you are way off base when you make the claim that "most atheist who are uneducated, ignorant and had bad life, that's why they have no faith."

You may very well have an opinion of why someone is not religious (your term would be have no faith), however to state that most athiests are uneducated and ignorant and had a bad life is very ignorant on your part.

I would tend to think that someone who is atheist is very intelligent and well informed. One who would choose to not be religious in and of itself speaks volumes of their insight of the truth and acceptance of reason and reality.

You are displaying your emotions and not using intelligent thought. You should try applying logic and common sense when formulation opinions and seeking to draw conclusions regarding this topic.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:55 AM

20 posts, read 22,341 times
American atheist seems to spend thousands of dollars on billboards across the nation to cause war on religion, and Christians in particular. I think they should stop doing that and give the money to the cancer or something needed for people.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceDad View Post
American atheist seems to spend thousands of dollars on billboards across the nation to cause war on religion, and Christians in particular. I think they should stop doing that and give the money to the cancer or something needed for people.
Christians should stop building obscene and ornate buildings, buying preachers houses, and cars, and private jets and give the money to cure cancer.

But I suspect you don't even have a hint as to hypocritical your post is do you?

Old 12-15-2011, 12:32 PM

705 posts, read 1,113,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceDad View Post
I'd hate to see them stop doing that. One of their main purposes is to keep the delusionals from forcing their nonsense on the populace. While it would be nice to see funds go towards the support of cancer research and other benevolent causes, the purpose of the atheist organizations lies in other endeavors.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I'm very educated person
Which is as useless as teats on a bull unless it is utilized.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism