Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 03:45 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,962,204 times

Advertisements

So a while back I had posted about sending my daughter to a Christian daycare I was VERY hesitant. They were willing to work with us on our schedule as I only need it 2 times a week usually but still... So anyways I was convinced by my husband it would be okay and perhaps I was over reacting so I received a rundown of her daily schedule in print . She had one 15 min bible story . I could deal cause it was $30 for the day the others were $125 . So she's been in there for 3 months now and all seems alright overall. Today I got off work early and walked in to find all the students in the main room 0-5 years old. The owner/pastor was In the middle of the circle of kids holding a bible over his head. The children had their hands over their hearts and were pledging allegiance to Jesus, to which theynthen all started a song of the lords prayer. Like something out of Jesus camp they were jumping around some with their hands over their heads . I was floored and had no idea this went on. It was not on her schedule . My daughter was in the corner with her class crying and looking terrified from all the commotion.

I feel stuck now I am sick thinking how many times my daughter sat liken that crying through this brainwashing ceremony and I did not know this was going on. I guess I'm just venting really we r going to look for a new place but every parent knows it's expensive and hard to find care. !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 04:56 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Just bite the bullet and start your day earlier. Invest the cost of gas and possible higher cost for better daycare for the sake of your daughter's mental health.

What you daughter is going though is torture and she appears to me to be crying for help. This is not good for anyone especially a small child. I'm glad to hear you are going to take action.

If it were my daughter she would never spend another minute in that brainwashing chamber.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:05 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
The best way for religion to brainwash a child into a life long belief in the abomination that is religion is to tramatize them young.

I would no more send them back there, than I would send them to a center where I knew they were being physically molested and raped.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:21 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,913,302 times
Whoa, I would take her out of that place as quickly as possible and find alternative arrangements.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:26 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The best way for religion to brainwash a child into a life long belief in the abomination that is religion is to tramatize them young.

I would no more send them back there, than I would send them to a center where I knew they were being physically molested and raped.
I would have to agree here.

Old 06-26-2012, 11:19 AM

242 posts, read 465,620 times
I'll go with the majority on this one. In my opinion, churches are skilled at manipulating youth...BUT.... so was Adolph Hitler.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:38 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Just bite the bullet and start your day earlier. Invest the cost of gas and possible higher cost for better daycare for the sake of your daughter's mental health.

What you daughter is going though is torture and she appears to me to be crying for help. This is not good for anyone especially a small child. I'm glad to hear you are going to take action.

If it were my daughter she would never spend another minute in that brainwashing chamber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Whoa, I would take her out of that place as quickly as possible and find alternative arrangements.
Wise words from these people. I would pay heed to them.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:54 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,962,204 times
Thank you guys we have pulled her out I was up all night thinking about it and it made me sick to see young babies really being fed that nonsense and to see my daughter crying in the back like that is unacceptable. I have talked to my boss and was able to switch my days off to the two days we usually always needed daycare so from here on out it should no longer be a prob. I. Couldn't live with myself if I had to keep sending her to that. I def wouldn't want to sit through it but as an adult I have the choice to leave she did not and I can't as a mother force something on her I wouldn't want forced on me.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:11 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,762 times
No doubt your daughter in the corner crying is unacceptable. The only 'good' thing that indicates is your daughter has a good strong mind of her own and would not 'buy' into questionable behavior. Kudos to your parenting and your daughter. I'd bet your daughter had a lot to say and ask.

Thank goodness you're fortunate enough to have an understanding boss.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:09 PM

120 posts, read 124,555 times
Glad to read you got your daughter out. Part of me wants to tell you to report the place for child abuse, but I'd imagine that most of parents who send their kids there know and are quite happy with it, so besides being on the news and perhaps being run out of town, reporting the place would not be worth it, unfortunately.

But taking your daughter out was absolutely the right thing to do. Good on you. It seems to me that you are a good parent. Your daughter is lucky to have you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism