Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 06:10 PM

124 posts, read 122,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Rural upstate NY most likely then, although I'm sure there's pockets of this craziness even in the City and even Buffalo / Rochester / Ithaca and similar. I was just curious if you were a million miles from any alternatives -- say, in the deep South; I'd like to think that in NY you would have alternatives for your workplace environment. I'd do some looking.

Hope it works out for you. This kind of thing is no fun.
No I work in NYC !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 06:53 PM

19,825 posts, read 13,361,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambados View Post
No I work in NYC !
Man ... talk about bad luck :-(

Old 10-25-2013, 03:13 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,291,533 times
Quote:
Has anyone here ever had a problem at the work place especially by extremely religious bosses?

I work at a great company and was hired after being unemployed for two years. All my four bosses are extremely religious so much that they post and hang images of Jesus on desks, walls, kitchen room, as well as bibles and crucifixes everywhere. One of my boss constantly says "Jesus this and Jesus that" bla bla "Jesus", "God", "Lord" etc. which is quite annoying. During Christmas he puts Christian and gospel music even in front of Jewish and Hindu employees... Disrespectful. Forget to mention all those bible quotes everywhere! Thanksgiving dinner will take place at a church hall... Gahh

What should I do?!
Are you working at the Vatican?
I can't imagine such a thing.

Old 10-25-2013, 04:22 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,165,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Are you working at the Vatican?
I can't imagine such a thing.
I don't know, but in another thread he said he would never work in NYC, yet in this thread he works in NYC.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:38 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
Quote:
No I work in NYC !

But according to the Thanksgiving Thread you stated:

Quote:
I live in NYC but work in NJ
Do you work at all and do you have a troll agenda?

Last edited by Pruzhany; 10-27-2013 at 04:55 AM..

Old 10-27-2013, 06:11 AM

88,300 posts, read 84,292,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
But according to the Thanksgiving Thread you stated:

Do you work at all and do you have a troll agenda?
Of course he does. This is Jews for Jesus/Nunnor/JuliganO/RiverEdge+all the other names back again. He always pops up on the NJ forum first then he comes here.

Old 10-29-2013, 01:54 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,662,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Of course he does. This is Jews for Jesus/Nunnor/JuliganO/RiverEdge+all the other names back again. He always pops up on the NJ forum first then he comes here.
I think the OP has walked the plank since there has been no posts in three days anywhere on CD from them.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:14 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,199,999 times
When I read stuff like this, I am glad for my upbringing under are pretty much Brit influence. Even in SA under the old regime which could have been considered christian, people did/do not pry into political or religious affiliations.

When I embraced theism, I was pretty vocal about it (if the opportunity presented itself) or folk would pick up me reading a bible in my break times and ask whatever. I never ever brought up the topic myself esp at work. Of course at one stage I too had the religious posters but these were props to self identify.

Looking back, it is easy to pretend you are xian as all you have to do is play along. Being a fool and agreeing when these types diss gays and other races however will for the most part be unpalatable for any non believer.

The only person that ever did me in in business was a woo that insisted that all his employees be born again xians. He lied and offered me a million budget for one year to set up a division with his business where I was an expert in. That lasted 4 months and I gave up security of a division I ran at another company where my religious views were of no consequence. This woo's business was already in the death throes of bankruptcy and I was the goose that was supposed to lay magical golden eggs to rescue it.

Looking back I should have done proper due diligence but one tends to think there is some kind of "brotherly trust". No there is not, they are all out to look out for number one. All the props are merely smoke and mirrors to hide what they really are.

Ironically, the one person that trusted me, a complete stranger and supplied me with 2000+ worth of goods with only a blank cheque as a guarantee I would pay him cash later was a muslim. I paid him cash as promised and a lasting friendship resulted plus I sent him a lot of new business. Funny that - no?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:56 PM

278 posts, read 306,657 times
A friend of mine jumped in with both feet and began discussing science/evolution with our immediate supervisor. Of course, I knew better than to ever try such a foolish thing.
Supervisor's response: I can prove religion, you all can't prove (science)
But then again, I work at the Post Office, so anyone with any educational level can go in to management.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:34 AM

73 posts, read 102,620 times
When I was in the U.S. Army I experienced quite a bit of this from commanders, platoon sergeants, etc. My best advice would be to keep your thoughts to yourself, unless those religious ideal begin to affect your employment. In that case, I would start raising hell. It's almost never a good idea to discuss these things. Ignore it, and just keep doing your job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism