Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 08:14 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times

Advertisements

Again you make it personal. Again you lay out the personal insults. But again you have not addressed my point :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 08:36 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Moderator cut: deleted
Since your god is not real and based on personal feeling I would say only yes or only no in your head is a valid stance.

Since your personal god doesn't exist, The only reasonable question is there "something" more or 'no nothing more" to the universe . Then we have to ask what is this something.

using uniformatizism we have to look around us to look for direct or indirect observational evidence. The things we have for real comparison is life, non life, and "not sure if it is life" systems to make our predictions.

"connectivity" is an area that we can investigate. Life seems to be "more basic systems working together to form a more complex system" also. And the notion that as complexity increases within a given volume; that volume tends to look more like life. Considering we don't know that much we could lean on lean on complexity of the system and the interconnections within the system also.

wow, did that without any refrence to "them thiests". It all points to the stance "no-nothing" is more of a blind faith claim to fill an emotional need. As blind as "omni-god".

Last edited by june 7th; 03-29-2015 at 04:48 AM.. Reason: Posts MUST be kept respectful.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:39 PM

I have a god now?

You are now not only not replying to my post, you have long since stopped replying to me.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:31 AM

nozzle. you playin now. I mean you know I am ok with funning around and jawing back and forth. It makes it fun. But I do stay near the topic for the most part. I addressed your god. I addressed it in some way multiple times.

Your post here is an indication of my claim that atheist and theist share personality disorders and that these disorders are independent of belief. it supports the notion that us normal crazy people don't have to listen to people even when they are well writtin. This "religious war" is an illusion. its people.

You claimed That we have only two choices. You said that there is either a god or no god. Then some dribble and self justification.

I said based on the definition of god it may true that it is yes or no. I said that we do not know enough to really assign many traits to this God yet. I said that the middle ground lies In fact we don't know so much that the best thing we can do is really reword the question to "we either are or are not part of a more complex system". I would show data that makes it "seem" alive. And Using uniformatanairism. You don't have to agree with that.

Yes, it's your "god". You are so locked into "no-god" that this "notion", stance, or claim is your sole focal point. So yes, when a person is locked into a "claim" so tightly that they skew everything around them to fit that claim weather it is true or false I call that "their god".

Old 03-29-2015, 05:37 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Before posting further in this thread, please go back and reread the posts from 401 forward. We have had to edit several posts to remove inappropriate remarks and personal attacks. Try being a littler nicer and considerate with each other.

Old 03-30-2015, 12:17 AM

I am losing track of this conversation Arach, especially due to the number of edits that have had to be done to your posts. To repeat however: I have no god. So you no longer appear to be replying to anything I have actually said on this thread or any other. And despite my "dribble" the original point has not been addressed or rebutted. There is no middle ground on claims of existence. Something either exists, or it does not.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:24 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Before posting further in this thread, please go back and reread the posts from 401 forward. We have had to edit several posts to remove inappropriate remarks and personal attacks. Try being a littler nicer and considerate with each other.
Two more posts have been deleted since I posted this. You guys are quickly pushing us to issue infractions. If you had a post deleted, consider yourself warned.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:44 AM

Radio Edit version:

The simple fact is. that you can't honestly deny the fact that with just emergence and field theory that it is more likely that something higher is present and that we are connected to it. Those notion clearly demonstrate that some people are more aware of it than others. That stance may revolt you. When I dislike an answer to the core I try and find out why that is. Is it because the answer is just that wrong or is it because I am emotionally attached to the a solution.

My stance is more valid than your stance. You adamantly saying I did not answer you when I did along with the other things proves it. You couldn't openly hold onto your stance without seeing it as "less valid". If you need "popular people" that think like I do. see witten, neil, and carl take on it. Thats a good group.

Thank you admins

Old 03-31-2015, 03:28 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
I am losing track of this conversation Arach, especially due to the number of edits that have had to be done to your posts. To repeat however: I have no god. So you no longer appear to be replying to anything I have actually said on this thread or any other. And despite my "dribble" the original point has not been addressed or rebutted. There is no middle ground on claims of existence. Something either exists, or it does not.
I have yet to figure out WHY anyone would try to have a conversation with Arach Angle. Total nonsense.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
I have yet to figure out WHY anyone would try to have a conversation with Arach Angle. Total nonsense.
The guys that think like I do Neil deGrasse Tyson, Carl Sagan, Edward Witten. And more. so the word "nonsense" is just avoidance really. You can take what I said to any physics guy you know. ANY. It's just not nonsense. but ifen your trained I'll listen to where you think I may be misstating something. I Love learning. the last goes ened in; complete untruths and tried very hard to get off topic. One went off the hinge. and resort to posting that I hacked an account. So I would say that "nonsense" just does not fit.
If you wanna have a go and stay on just evidence based conclusions I'll have a go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism