Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 07:03 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,565,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
It's just extremely unclear what you're attempting to say, sorry. I'm not a mind reader.

Here's an idea: look at what you just posted as if you were someone else. Does it make any sense?
here's an idea. Take what you think and approach it from all angles and see how it holds up. Apply the same standards you do other people to yourself and see how your ideas hold up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2020, 07:46 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
here's an idea. Take what you think and approach it from all angles and see how it holds up. Apply the same standards you do other people to yourself and see how your ideas hold up.
Again, that makes no sense. It's not specific enough to be of any use. I am more than willing to respond but I can't because I can tell what you mean. Anyway, carry on.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:33 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,578 times
It must be the something else but not deity thing that’s making what he’s typing hard for you to understand.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
It must be the something else but not deity thing that’s making what he’s typing hard for you to understand.
you are hung up on the something more. And all you do is personally attack me and don't offer anything but bashing believers.

You never offer a counter claim, you only listen for the words no god. If you here them, you tag along. If you don't you start the attack.

so how are you different that believers? exactly?

Old 05-28-2020, 09:57 AM

Quote:
you are hung up on the something more. And all you do is personally attack me and don't offer anything but bashing believers.

You never offer a counter claim, you only listen for the words no god. If you here them, you tag along. If you don't you start the attack.

so how are you different that believers? exactly?
Are you reading all the post saying they have no idea what you are talking about?

Stop with the persecution complex.

Old 05-28-2020, 03:43 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,903,116 times
Quote:
To elaborate at bit on my initial answer, my objections to Abrahamic religions were that they were patriarchal. Women are treated like chattel, admonished to be obedient, and all of that. If you are female, posting in this forum, doesn't that bother you?

I wanted to restore the culture to an earlier, ancient culture where women were independent. Not sure this actually existed but there was a (presumably accurate) documentary made about a large tribe of women, a matriarchy. This was traced (presumably accurately) genetically, through the modern era. It wasn't a fiction, in other words. And this group was the source of Plato's Amazon reference.

Yet a second idea suggests that witches were the traces of a matriarchal culture, destroyed by the encroaching patriarchy that took over Europe. This seems plausible to me, but I'm not an historian.

What should be admitted--at the very least--is that there is a very powerful strain of misogyny in Abrahamic religions. "Dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women" is an underlying theme with men, both straight and gay. And has been exhibited in this forum a couple of times. It also exists amongst women, oddly enough.
<<<<<crickets>>>>>.

Old 05-28-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Are you reading all the post saying they have no idea what you are talking about?

Stop with the persecution complex.
yeah ... that must be it. persecution complex. To avoid actual facts, go with that one.

lets see what we have from last to compare.

something more not more deities

vs (his repose to said claim)

your a theist coward with a persecution complex.

yeah, good plan you got there last,

Old 05-29-2020, 03:46 AM

Quote:
yeah ... that must be it. persecution complex. To avoid actual facts, go with that one.

lets see what we have from last to compare.

something more not more deities

vs (his repose to said claim)

your a theist coward with a persecution complex.

yeah, good plan you got there last,
Okay arach

Old 05-29-2020, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Okay arach
hey last, this aint rocket science. All we can do is compare what people are claiming to what each of us say and check to see if we can link it back to what the science shows us.

some people claim deity. ok, we agree, it doesn't exist.

other claim a living universe or at the very least a thinking universe.
Well last, you might not like it but we can support that claim. I personally don't think going that far has enough observation for so I lean towards I don't think so.

Saying "no way" doesn't really make sense scientifically speaking.

others, like myself, think that we are surrounded by a system better described as life more than non-life. Some go a little furthur and call the biosphere an organism. I don't.

But last, the important thing is that it is supported by science.

others say "something else". Ok, for some reason they are unwilling to say more. Usually, when pressed, it comes down to "but theist will miss use it." or there is no need to go that far. But the bottom line is we understand there is no more than the universe but we are in a larger more complex system.

ok last, what do you have in terms of this?

arach is wanna be theist coward with a persecution complex

is that really what you are bringing to the table to add to the list so we can see what claims people make have merit and what ones don't?

Old 05-29-2020, 04:47 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,687,859 times
Quote:
<<<<<crickets>>>>>.
Because nobody disagrees. (1) So I'll try to translate Arach. Once you know what he's doing, he's laughably transparent and clumsy.

He has this meme that ''New' atheists are as bad as Theist fundies (extremists left and right) and only he is in the sweet reasonable middle.

Then he lights on something - anything ('women' for instance, or my 'springboard' or 'Something More' - which he evidently doesn't understand) and then leaps to this 'extremists' accusation, leaving everyone bewildered.

He then or also picks up something in your own post and re -uses it back at you. That this often makes no sense doesn't bother him in the least.

Keep this in mind, and that this is blind lashing out or bashing, not arguing, plus a realisation that he is trying to patch a tatty version of Mystic's 'Cosmic mind' (Arach will use the same ideas but as 'living universe') over this 'atheism' of his as a way of disproving the (Wrong Kind) atheists, and Arach's flat -footed and bone -headed posting isn't then hard to Suss.

Finally a lot of whining about persecution and wild accusations which I soon found out is wasted time to respond to and I only did to explain my side to the browsers and punters (not at all pejorative terms, Folks ) and I now trust that nobody is listening to this blow up self - styled atheist, the biggest embarrassment to Atheism since David Silverman, or credit his accusations of my 'hiding' from him.

(1) a discussion on what looks like a neolithic matriarchal culture -europe -wide and my never -ending support for feminism, (aside from inverted sexism, man -hate and 'liberating' women by making them behave like men) would be interesting and rewarding, but off -topic.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-29-2020 at 05:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism