U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2020, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
30,105 posts, read 12,879,733 times
Reputation: 23439

Advertisements

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/freeth...ard-nonbelief/

Very blunt, but it echos what several of us here have been communicating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2020, 12:36 PM
 
Location: S. Wales.
45,641 posts, read 13,544,919 times
Reputation: 5581
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/freeth...ard-nonbelief/

Very blunt, but it echos what several of us here have been communicating.
I would like to see a new survey making this tendency clear and near pivotal. Is it recent?

I'm battling but I am very afraid that we have a holistic push against what I might call the humanist secularist tendency, and without a necessary massive public support - Conscious and knowing support - for this (including a huge hidden Muslim anti -clerical tendency that would be effective if it came out), I can see ..let's say Everything ...being turned against secularism. CV19 has covered up what I see going on, but i see bothersome signs of it everywhere.

It doesn't help that what I might call 'Inverted Diversity' threatens the Nones with a rather Bad alliance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2020, 06:32 PM
 
19,112 posts, read 6,329,919 times
Reputation: 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I would like to see a new survey making this tendency clear and near pivotal. Is it recent?

I'm battling but I am very afraid that we have a holistic push against what I might call the humanist secularist tendency, and without a necessary massive public support - Conscious and knowing support - for this (including a huge hidden Muslim anti -clerical tendency that would be effective if it came out), I can see ..let's say Everything ...being turned against secularism. CV19 has covered up what I see going on, but i see bothersome signs of it everywhere.

It doesn't help that what I might call 'Inverted Diversity' threatens the Nones with a rather Bad alliance.
you are so blinded you don't see.

People can't follow your brand of atheism because it counters common sense. talking about religion and talking about what god mnay or may not be is what you will not keep separate.

so long as you are anti-god for political reasons you will never understand. Most atheist have no problem with big bad boogy man religion and the fight against it.

Most atheist will struggle with "deny something more because we have to stop religion."

its so simple. ISS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2020, 10:56 PM
 
Location: Canada
1,821 posts, read 280,769 times
Reputation: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you are so blinded you don't see.

People can't follow your brand of atheism because it counters common sense. talking about religion and talking about what god may or may not be is what you will not keep separate.

so long as you are anti-god for political reasons you will never understand. Most atheist have no problem with big bad boogy man religion and the fight against it.

Most atheist will struggle with "deny something more because we have to stop religion."

its so simple. ISS
That’s a good summation of his blindness and lack of introspection. It’s comically ironic that he describes others as “Eyes tight shut, fingers in ears, mouth wide open, with a tape loop therein of ever-repeated claims and assertions being mechanically churned out” but is oblivious to how accurately that describes his own behaviour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 03:46 AM
 
Location: S. Wales.
45,641 posts, read 13,544,919 times
Reputation: 5581
I am confident that anyone who does not think like that will read your post or Arach's and not fail to see the Megatonic effect on Irony meters within a 100Km radius.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:36 AM
 
19,112 posts, read 6,329,919 times
Reputation: 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I am confident that anyone who does not think like that will read your post or Arach's and not fail to see the Megatonic effect on Irony meters within a 100Km radius.
I am confident that you know, when you speak to me, the more sense I make.

Thats why you ran away.

political agenda's like "stop religion at all cost" are not the most reliable way to evaluate the reliability of a god claim.

alinging god claims to the traits of the universe using science, may not be perfect, but its the best we have.

"Thats ok, just stay out of our way." type slogans hurt far too many people in the end in not questioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:39 AM
 
19,112 posts, read 6,329,919 times
Reputation: 1664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
That’s a good summation of his blindness and lack of introspection. It’s comically ironic that he describes others as “Eyes tight shut, fingers in ears, mouth wide open, with a tape loop therein of ever-repeated claims and assertions being mechanically churned out” but is oblivious to how accurately that describes his own behaviour.
I grew up in philly PA. Gay men are far more dangerous to people around me than religion. We can just look at records to prove that.

Using trans type evaluation for anti god for people around me, we should be be anti-gay because gay men are more dangerous than religion in my area.

how stupid does that sound? Its sounds as stupids as anti-god and don't align god traits to the universe because we need to stop religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM
 
11,173 posts, read 7,397,648 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/freeth...ard-nonbelief/

Very blunt, but it echos what several of us here have been communicating.
Much worse than that: A segment of the US has massive PTSD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
30,105 posts, read 12,879,733 times
Reputation: 23439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I grew up in philly PA. Gay men are far more dangerous to people around me than religion. We can just look at records to prove that.

Using trans type evaluation for anti god for people around me, we should be be anti-gay because gay men are more dangerous than religion in my area.

how stupid does that sound? Its sounds as stupids as anti-god and don't align god traits to the universe because we need to stop religion.
This seems to be a new obsession.

How exactly are they so dangerous to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
30,105 posts, read 12,879,733 times
Reputation: 23439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Much worse than that: A segment of the US has massive PTSD.
Sort of a meaningless statement. Dare I ask you to elaborate?

Keep in mind that I know people with PTSD. One from the military, another from rape, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top