Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 11:18 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Let's look at this and some of your other posts.

You just seemed to say that the classifications of humans is morally despicable.

Yet, how often have you classified atheists into categories such as "level 1 atheists"? You've done it multiple times. And, you just did it again by saying that people such as me are in a cult...even though there is no actual cult.

But then, just to provide subterfuge, you toss in a bunch of other stuff into your response post that really don't address the issue at hand.

The way that you have been posting lately makes it appear that you are posting more and more simply with the purpose of being argumentative.

As far as expecting "others to fix the problem", I'm surprised a dedicated cultural christian is not familiar with this:

Matthew 25:31-46
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. 34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ 41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ 44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ 46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Saying that someone is a rookie atheist is no big deal. Classifying humans according to racial group is IMO immoral. There is only one human race, so that is an awful thing to do. The French are way ahead of the USA in that regard. They call everyone a French. They do not use color to classify people.

Using biblical text to support the views of your cult does not make sense since you are an atheist. Ultimately the solution will have to come from within. To expect others to solve the issue is futile. Think about it. You are putting all your hopes in the hands of someone else. This would be the first ethnic group in world history to attempt this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 11:49 AM

50,796 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Saying that someone is a rookie atheist is no big deal. Classifying humans according to racial group is IMO immoral. There is only one human race, so that is an awful thing to do. The French are way ahead of the USA in that regard. They call everyone a French. They do not use color to classify people.

Using biblical text to support the views of your cult does not make sense since you are an atheist. Ultimately the solution will have to come from within. To expect others to solve the issue is futile. Think about it. You are putting all your hopes in the hands of someone else. This would be the first ethnic group in world history to attempt this.
Maybe it's not a big deal to a totally insensitive person.

Once again tossing stuff in that wasn't in the post you're responding to. I never said anything about racial classifications. However, why do we do that. In large part -- at least in this country -- to assist the minorities that you -- up there is status quo country -- want to overlook. And, in one post back awhile, you mentioned your own racial background...shame on you, I guess.

Using biblical views, or Buddhist scripture, or I guess scripture is perfectly satisfactory for anyone who is selective about how they determine their principles. I have said before, and I will say again, that there are many fine principles in the NT, and what I quoted is (for the most part) a good example of that. I can look at the NT and find quite a few well-stated principles that are admirable for all people to follow. I don't have to pretend to base my life on the bible in order to please my wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism