Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 05:08 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
That may be true now but in the future we will be assimilated to the Borg.
Only as long as one group coninues to hate other groups. Your contributions duly noted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 06:50 PM

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithfullizhe View Post
The American system is failing. Has humanism failed? All social services are in one way or another impotent. Humanism just throws money at it with nothing as a result. Another wave of homeless folks coming our way.

Maslow and Freud were worthless charlatans. They convinced so many of foolishness is just fascinating. it is like the pied piper playing his flute leading the humanists down the path.

Here is another question for atheists. Why do atheists and humanists always enjoy having awards ceremonies and recognition amongst their fellows. I recently had a PHD fellow brag to me about his 30 published peer review papers. he wanted to know how many I had. I told him I have 20 years of retirement, im 56. He is not even there yet. Oh yea ,peer review papers generate no income. You must actually pay to get them published.

So I say humanism and atheism have failed us.

Your post just sounds like meaningless word salad.

There are plenty of things that are causing the American system to fail. Not one of them is atheism or humanism.

And what has the rest of your post about awards ceremonies got to do with anything?
Don't religious people get awards?

What a heap of disconnected nonsense.

Old 01-09-2021, 03:45 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
The American system is failing. Has humanism failed? All social services are in one way or another impotent. Humanism just throws money at it with nothing as a result. Another wave of homeless folks coming our way.

Maslow and Freud were worthless charlatans. They convinced so many of foolishness is just fascinating. it is like the pied piper playing his flute leading the humanists down the path.

Here is another question for atheists. Why do atheists and humanists always enjoy having awards ceremonies and recognition amongst their fellows. I recently had a PHD fellow brag to me about his 30 published peer review papers. he wanted to know how many I had. I told him I have 20 years of retirement, im 56. He is not even there yet. Oh yea ,peer review papers generate no income. You must actually pay to get them published.

I would quote (in reverse) the reply made by a Christian work colleague (there were several) to a remark that 'Christianity has failed'.

"Christianity has never been tried".

Well, your post was plainly jabbing at atheism and was confused in many ways. The politico -cultural system we have is more modelled on the most religious country in the West - America, rather than humanism. We don't do, recognise or teach humanism. We don't teach logic, critical thinking or rationality. Politicians wouldn't like it.

But there are a lot of posts so let's see what our pals have posted before I start spouting.

Well some good posts (and some crummy ones). But the point that Religion wants to take the credit for anything good in the US and 'secularism' gets the blame for anything not so good. We (or You -all) should now recognise that trick by now.

Old 01-09-2021, 03:47 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
So all your unemployed who are getting this Corona bonus should send their money back? Or maybe we should just make you happy and kill them all. Problem gone.

Quote:
Two unrelated topics.

Quote:
Here is another question for atheists. Why do atheists and humanists always enjoy having awards ceremonies and recognition amongst their fellows.
Because that is what people do. It is not just atheists.

Quote:
I recently had a PHD fellow brag to me about his 30 published peer review papers. he wanted to know how many I had. I told him I have 20 years of retirement, im 56. He is not even there yet. Oh yea ,peer review papers generate no income.
Irrelevant rant. But if you want nothing to do with peer review, you need to avoid all modern science. So thank you for your opinion, just let us know what cave you will be living in so we know where to send any mail.

Quote:
You must actually pay to get them published.
No.

Quote:
The father of humanism was a Christian. Your failing nation is a Christian nation, and the failures have nothing to do with atheism.

What will your next topic be, atheism is a failure because squirrels poop in the forests?

Old 01-09-2021, 03:54 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
...What will your next topic be, atheism is a failure because squirrels poop in the forests?
Except the ones tho infest the churches?

Aside that, if I can't find the Chatthread, I forgot to mention how much I enjoy posting here. It's more than half the reason I do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism