Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 07:51 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,746,086 times

Advertisements

This is so funny! Not proselytizing, just reporting the news, folks.

They are hiring, in case you are interested in his former job.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...finding-jesus/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2021, 09:46 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,853,044 times
And most atheists/agnostics left some religion or other.

People change their minds about stuff. So what else is news?

Old 06-01-2021, 02:45 AM

16,884 posts, read 5,079,405 times
I look forward to GldnRule attacking the religious on that article for bashing, insulting, and reviling atheists.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:11 AM

7,625 posts, read 6,144,246 times
Jesus came by a few days ago. Sadly, I was leaving to get lunch, and when I returned, he was gone.
BUT he said that he would be back soon.

Which I hope, because I know he is fond of very spicy food, I have often given him hot peppers from my garden and he is very appreciative. I have more than I can eat.

He is a nice guy, this Jesus, and he is good with the lawn. Unlike the redneck monkeys that used to stop by, he does not know over plants , run over the garden hose or damage property. he does good work, this Jesus guy. And he is very friendly too.

I like him.

Old 06-04-2021, 12:10 PM

51,385 posts, read 24,773,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Jesus came by a few days ago. Sadly, I was leaving to get lunch, and when I returned, he was gone.
BUT he said that he would be back soon.

Which I hope, because I know he is fond of very spicy food, I have often given him hot peppers from my garden and he is very appreciative. I have more than I can eat.

He is a nice guy, this Jesus, and he is good with the lawn. Unlike the redneck monkeys that used to stop by, he does not know over plants , run over the garden hose or damage property. he does good work, this Jesus guy. And he is very friendly too.

I like him.
Are you sure it's Jesus and not hey Zeus?

Old 06-06-2021, 06:21 PM

2,525 posts, read 3,082,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I think the larger question that looms is whether or not Seth will go on to join a church or congregation that proselytizes....

"Ding Dong".....

"Hello, my name is Seth Mahiga, and I would like to share with you the most amazing book!!"....

Old 06-10-2021, 11:37 AM

5,711 posts, read 4,033,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

They are hiring, in case you are interested in his former job.

https://www.breitbart.com/national-s...finding-jesus/
Not sure there's a very sizable Kenyan contingent on city-data

Old 06-27-2021, 10:16 AM

89,033 posts, read 85,593,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Not sure there's a very sizable Kenyan contingent on city-data
Is being Kenyan one of the requirements?

Old 06-27-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousoutsider View Post
I know questioning the mods or the rules is well, against the rules, but I wouldn't mind a little proselytizing in this thread. It would give me a chance to ask some hard questions to a religious person instead of just joining an echo chamber. Proselytizing is free speech, which is hard to find these days.
This is a privately-owned website, and this subforum is set up the way the owner of the site wanted it to be set up, including the aforementioned rule.

Not sure what hard questions you think you have that haven't already been asked, but you are free to do so in the main Religion & Spirituality forum.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 06-27-2021 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: word order

Old 06-27-2021, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousoutsider View Post
So I won't get booted from the Christianity section for asking things like I did in here about the number of Chinese or Indians going to hell?
I assume you mean this (I did a search to see what you were talking about):

Quote:
If belief in the divinity of Jesus is the path to heaven, does it seem fair that so many people born in parts of the world where Christianity is not the prevailing belief are doomed to hell?

Bummer for all of you Indians, and Chinese.
Sure, you can ask that. I hope you aren't fantasizing that you would be the first one to ask a similar question in that forum, though. You'll get a variety of answers based on whether the Christians are believers in Universal Reconciliation or not, an ever-popular argument among various Christian sects. So perhaps you want to ask yourself if you are really seeking actual responses because you want to gain knowledge about the various Christian views or just saying something you think is clever or original, because it is neither.

In Christianity (or Islam or Judaism), you cannot argue the existence of God, since they are discussion forums about specific religions that presume the existence of a supreme being. Save that for the main R&S forum. You are, of course, free to say that YOU don't believe in a God in those forums in the course of your conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism