Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2022, 07:12 PM

15,952 posts, read 7,015,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And just what are atheists fighting against? Or for?

And imagine how you would react of I made a broad and inaccurate statement about Brown or Hindu or Asian people based on a number of internet interactions.
LOL. I am not sure if this is a joke or a threat. You go right ahead Badlander.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2022, 07:18 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
Quote:
And just what are atheists fighting against? Or for?

And imagine how you would react of I made a broad and inaccurate statement about Brown or Hindu or Asian people based on a number of internet interactions.
this is intellectual dishonesty badland. Some atheist are fighting against religion here, in this very site. A site about the reliability of beliefs.

Some of us are just seeking to get a grip on what is what. Some of us have enough experience to process information to try and help people be the best they can be without inserting what we want to real. We do not have to lead them away from anything.

Maybe you can PM me to try to justify this, if you don't want to say it in public.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:03 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
this is intellectual dishonesty badland. Some atheist are fighting against religion here, in this very site. A site about the reliability of beliefs.

Some of us are just seeking to get a grip on what is what. Some of us have enough experience to process information to try and help people be the best they can be without inserting what we want to real. We do not have to lead them away from anything.

Maybe you can PM me to try to justify this, if you don't want to say it in public.
Do you claim. Not taking your claims as facts is not dishonest. Are you speaking about the atheists sub forum? Is this forum about the realibilty of beliefs or about atheists and atheism?

Read my last sentence. Even if some atheists are doing what you claim it is inaccurate to claim that atheists do this? But this type of bigotry you ignore because you seem bent on attacking atheists only and all the time.

Old 06-19-2022, 08:20 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
Quote:
Do you claim. Not taking your claims as facts is not dishonest. Are you speaking about the atheists sub forum? Is this forum about the realibilty of beliefs or about atheists and atheism?

Read my last sentence. Even if some atheists are doing what you claim it is inaccurate to claim that atheists do this? But this type of bigotry you ignore because you seem bent on attacking atheists only and all the time.
I never said they are facts son. So get it right first.

And yes, But I am not attacking, I am questioning atheist. Because that's what I know and understand.

I apply the same logic to atheist as I do theist.

What would you say to a theist that says ...

"I don't know squat so I believe you are wrong"

or if they said

"I don't know squat but I lack belief in what you are saying."

now keep in mind, I don't mean at first. I mean 100's to 1000's of posts over years and years. Some even across many sites.

What would you say to them?

Old 06-19-2022, 11:56 PM

16,768 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Clarification : I am not trying to equate Brhman and God. God is an English word for a Creator of the universe. Brahman does not create, it is existence. There may or may not be a relationship but I don't know if this line of discussion has any relevance to atheism. At least I don't believe there is one.
The relevance is the different claims about existence (Brhman), was it created by a god, is it a god, or is it godless?

Quote:
If you saying atheism is against and denies God, and only God as in the dictionary we are having an entirely different conversation. (Actually many American atheists also a have pet aversion to Allah and Islam even if their knowledge of it is shallow) In that case Atheism denies only the western christian God. But God, the concept, still exists in different forms, names, religions, cultures all over the entire world.
In that case Atheism is even less logical if that is possible.
Lol, atheism is not logical because you are ignorant about a very simple concept.

And you need to demonstrate logically where atheism is illogical, not just use some fallacy. Because I have logically shown gods are not required to explain existence, or why we are here. And man, did the religious dance, evade, duck, weave, as they usually do.

Old 06-20-2022, 03:08 AM

15,952 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
The relevance is the different claims about existence (Brhman), was it created by a god, is it a god, or is it godless?

Lol, atheism is not logical because you are ignorant about a very simple concept.

And you need to demonstrate logically where atheism is illogical, not just use some fallacy. Because I have logically shown gods are not required to explain existence, or why we are here. And man, did the religious dance, evade, duck, weave, as they usually do.
The fallacy is in your mind. only you can fix it.

Old 06-20-2022, 04:01 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
The fallacy is in your mind. only you can fix it.

Old 06-20-2022, 04:44 AM

16,665 posts, read 15,660,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I never said they are facts son. So get it right first.

And yes, But I am not attacking, I am questioning atheist. Because that's what I know and understand.

I apply the same logic to atheist as I do theist.

What would you say to a theist that says ...

"I don't know squat so I believe you are wrong"

or if they said

"I don't know squat but I lack belief in what you are saying."

now keep in mind, I don't mean at first. I mean 100's to 1000's of posts over years and years. Some even across many sites.

What would you say to them?
Read the Announcement posted in the main R&S forum in March 2022. Don't mention again how many posts a member has made or how long they have been posting. It is irrelevant.

Old 06-20-2022, 05:02 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,158,224 times
Quote:
I agree there is logic in the structure of language. Just no logic in what atheists are fighting against.
In some instances, the "fight" is against a person's thinking. In other instances, the promotion of that thinking. This is not isolated to just atheists, though. It happens because words have meaning and hidden meaning.

Last edited by elyn02; 06-20-2022 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: added "the "fight" is against" for clarification

Old 06-20-2022, 06:08 AM

19,970 posts, read 13,459,195 times
This thread asks the question whether atheists want to end or stop religion. The basic answer is "no". And yet there seems to be some confusion about what "no" means, with some people telling us it means in some sense "yes", making irrelevant complaints that atheism makes no sense to them and therefore can't possibly make sense to anyone else, etc.

I have no idea what purpose this thread even serves anymore, if it is nothing but a meaningless "did so!" "did not!" back-and-forth. Does anyone actually want to discuss the thread topic, or are we going to permit some people to degrade every thread they don't like into some tone police discussion about what people should or should not think or say?

And let me spare them the effort, I'm sure the rejoinder will be the gaslighting / projection that I am now policing what they should think or say. I just want to stay a little more on topic than this. That is the purpose of forum structure and moderation. In my view these rabbit trails are just an effort to derail in any way possible from that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism