Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2021, 02:24 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,556,472 times

Advertisements

Eleven pages and I have yet to see any way to test and verify that deities exist.

After all, it's hard to prove a negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2021, 02:31 PM

27,829 posts, read 28,953,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
Eleven pages and I have yet to see any way to test and verify that deities exist.

After all, it's hard to prove a negative.
The very first book of the Bible tells us that God made the heavens, earth, sun and moon.

That's why I thought it would be pretty simple to test the God hypothesis.

Old 11-11-2021, 08:50 AM

895 posts, read 479,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The very first book of the Bible tells us that God made the heavens, earth, sun and moon.

I heard they found a giant cosmic finger print inside a volcano. Also scientists have detected a distant residual echo near the edge of the universe, they believe it is repeating, "Let there be light" over and over, and every time that happens a new star is born somewhere. Also black holes have been consuming fig trees at an increasing rate as the last days are approaching.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:20 AM

7,281 posts, read 7,160,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

Books are not evidence.

I always find it telling when theists just point to the bible as proof. Have you been to a barnes and noble? Lots of books claiming all sorts of things (lizard people, anyone?). It's a book, written by people with their own biases and agendas.

Testable, repeatable, measurable evidence in the present day.

No one has provided it. That's pretty telling on the existence of god.

Old 11-11-2021, 09:25 AM

51,393 posts, read 24,773,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Books are not evidence.

I always find it telling when theists just point to the bible as proof. Have you been to a barnes and noble? Lots of books claiming all sorts of things (lizard people, anyone?). It's a book, written by people with their own biases and agendas.

I would disagree slightly. If we had an evidence table, I'd place such books on it. But that would be pretty flimsy evidence.

Old 11-11-2021, 11:54 AM

895 posts, read 479,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab0906 View Post
Books are not evidence.

I think that was a tongue in cheek comment.

Old 11-11-2021, 05:51 PM

64,122 posts, read 40,445,108 times
The amount of atheist ignorance and one-liner provocations to Irkle reveal how deep-seated and dominant is the presumptuousness and bias that clouds their ability to recognize that their incessant requests for scientific evidence of God are clearly and irrefutably a category mistake.

Old 11-11-2021, 07:05 PM

1,799 posts, read 567,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The amount of atheist ignorance and one-liner provocations to Irkle reveal how deep-seated and dominant is the presumptuousness and bias that clouds their ability to recognize that their incessant requests for scientific evidence of God are clearly and irrefutably a category mistake.
Lets see. Where are we? Oh yes, the A&A forum. Where theists come to argue with atheists. Why do theists come to the A&A forum to argue and debate with atheists? Because they wish to prove atheists wrong.

If theists come here to debate with atheists about God, why do they continually get their panties in a wad when the atheists ask for some sort of confirmation for what the theists claim?

Old 11-12-2021, 03:07 AM

16,884 posts, read 5,079,405 times
Quote:
The amount of atheist ignorance ...
Zero.

Quote:
... and one-liner ...
I have responded in depth and with substantive comments, but when someone simply dismisses 4 years of university education as a Google search, but can not provide the text for that search, then one knows it is a waste of time to provide more than short comments.

And many of us are aware of the creationist tactic where they ask for evidence and then dismiss it with their usual misrepresentations. Do you really think we are going to waste our time?

Quote:
... provocations to Irkle ...
Irkle came in punching, Irkle received their just reward. Irkle is a jargonaut, just like you, but at least can provide some evidence for some of his claims.

Quote:
... reveal how deep-seated and dominant is the presumptuousness and bias that clouds their ability to recognize that their incessant requests for scientific evidence of God are clearly and irrefutably a category mistake.
Yes, you have no credible evidence. Twist this fact in any way you want, but your verbiage is admitting you have no credible evidence.

Old 11-12-2021, 03:54 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,103,389 times
Quote:
Our inability to see it is a limitation of our scopes and the time scale God works under. But Yes, God is doing just that all over the observable cosmos (and perhaps beyond).
Because arbitrary assertions are as good as evidence...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism