Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2023, 03:15 PM

7,588 posts, read 4,157,568 times

Advertisements

For me, not caring depends on context. If the people around me care about God, then I will act like I care too. If people don't care, then I won't either. However, if I can't stand the attitudes, and I have a choice to be there or not, then I won't hang out with them. I would say that in the last 10 years, nobody has asked me if I believe in God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Agreed.
And not all religions claim to be a pathway to God.

And, not all pathways to God , involve a sermon or a church.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2023, 04:55 AM

15,952 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
Agreed.
And not all religions claim to be a pathway to God.

And, not all pathways to God , involve a sermon or a church.
Other than Buddhism, what religion is not a pathway to the Divinity? Even Buddhism is a pathway to nirvana, a state of spirituality that exists only within. No scientific evidence exists for that.

Old 05-09-2023, 09:45 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Other than Buddhism, what religion is not a pathway to the Divinity? Even Buddhism is a pathway to nirvana, a state of spirituality that exists only within. No scientific evidence exists for that.
Taoism, scientology, consumerism, atheism.

Old 05-09-2023, 09:57 AM

15,952 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
Taoism, scientology, consumerism, atheism.
I dont know much about the first two, so i will let them be.
Interesting that you include the last two as religions. I would include scientism which is a fervent belief in science as nirvana.
But none of them talk about a path to Divinity.

Old 05-09-2023, 10:23 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,270,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I'm glad that you've finally come to this realization.

Old 05-09-2023, 07:41 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,504 times
Jeez, these terms are really starting to get out of hand...

I can see Theist/Atheist terms going the way of the 72 gender identities...

EgoApatheism: A non-caring of religion and godlike existence identified by the individual alone. Based on a persons experience with self.

DemiFluidApatheism: Not caring if multiple religions and or gods/goddesses exist, with some static and others fluctuating in intensity.

BiApatheism: Not caring if two religions or gods/goddesses exist at the same time.

AeroApatheism: The lack of concern over religion changes in relation to one's surroundings.

FemApatheism: A non-binary lack of concern over whether goddesses exist or not.

It's time to put a stop to this folks....

No all of you GET YOUR TAILS UP TO THE "RECENT AK PHOTO'S' THREAD in the Alaska state forum and marvel at RayinAK's amazing photo's of the Aurora Borealis!

Go on now... I want to hear what your favorite photo is....

Old 05-10-2023, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldIMoveOrStayPut...? View Post
Jeez, these terms are really starting to get out of hand...

I can see Theist/Atheist terms going the way of the 72 gender identities...

EgoApatheism: A non-caring of religion and godlike existence identified by the individual alone. Based on a persons experience with self.

DemiFluidApatheism: Not caring if multiple religions and or gods/goddesses exist, with some static and others fluctuating in intensity.

BiApatheism: Not caring if two religions or gods/goddesses exist at the same time.

AeroApatheism: The lack of concern over religion changes in relation to one's surroundings.

FemApatheism: A non-binary lack of concern over whether goddesses exist or not.

It's time to put a stop to this folks....

No all of you GET YOUR TAILS UP TO THE "RECENT AK PHOTO'S' THREAD in the Alaska state forum and marvel at RayinAK's amazing photo's of the Aurora Borealis!

Go on now... I want to hear what your favorite photo is....
I can't.

I'm a RayinAKapatheist.

I don't believe in photos of Alaska.

Old 05-10-2023, 02:41 PM

2,512 posts, read 3,056,504 times
Quote:
I can't.

I'm a RayinAKapatheist.

I don't believe in photos of Alaska.
Static or fluid? If your a fluid RayiniAKpethiest there will be periods where you will believe in Alaska photo's. If so, you don't have to search much, some of the best pics are on the end few pages of the thread.

Well at least drop by the Minnesota forum and inquire about "Hotdish" recipes. Things are kinda slow there these days and they could use the action.

And don't even try to tell me you're also a Minnesotapetheist....

Old 05-10-2023, 03:13 PM

I may take you up on that.

Those types of things are some of my greatest joys.

Old 05-14-2023, 11:26 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,406,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I just ran across this in an article by Jonathan Rauch.

Let It Be: Three Cheers for Apatheism
It came to me recently in a blinding vision that I am an apatheist. Well, "blinding vision" may be an overstatement. "Wine-induced haze" might be more strictly accurate. This was after a couple of glasses of merlot, when someone asked me about my religion. "Atheist," I was about to say, but I stopped myself. "I used to call myself an atheist," I said, "and I still don't believe in God, but the larger truth is that it has been years since I really cared one way or another. I'm" -- that was when it hit me -- "an ... apatheist!"
https://www.jonathanrauch.com/jrauch...yond_religion/
Heh. Yeah, enough wine will do that to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism