Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2023, 11:47 PM

50,777 posts, read 24,277,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Wow, your posts are absolutely atrocious in every sense, as is your entire deranged, nonsensical world view.
You mean he doesn't talk like Jesus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 12:12 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,257,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Color me not surprised, right?

Old 06-06-2023, 12:59 AM

50,777 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Color me not surprised, right?
One of the best arguments against christianity is to listen to christian know-it-alls. They simply can't control themselves.

Old 06-06-2023, 06:10 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,313,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Now you are launching personal attacks?

But yes, I did get, not one, but two DMs from you and have replied to both - and without launching any personal insults.

I think this is more of personal life mess between you and whoever you are talking about.

Folks may reply with “sorry to hear that - sorry that it happened etc - but frankly speaking - no one truly cares.

And it’s not really a unique situation - almost all of us have experienced these situations on various degrees.
The forum may have storage issue if everyone made an OP every time they felt they were “disrespectedâ€.

You coming here and starting an OP with the term “WOW†to perhaps sensationalize the moment in an attempt to seek attention? And then you call yourself an expert in mental health?
You don't care about anyone else so you are projecting that onto other people. I get it, I was just as surprised to learn some people think of others as objects to be used.

I think of this as a form of gaslighting.

Old 06-06-2023, 06:38 AM

19,979 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
... I tease them "You worship the devil too, because you talk more about him than you talk about your God."
Yeah I've been known to point this out to such folks as well. Many of them have WAY more respect for the powers of darkness than the powers of light.

Old 06-06-2023, 07:42 AM

88,544 posts, read 84,719,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Isn't GoCardinals a Muslim? Not that they don't have Prophet Isa (Jesus), too, but I don't think "being like Jesus" is as big a thing in Islam as it is in Christianity. I could be wrong.

Old 06-06-2023, 07:48 AM

15,956 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Isn't GoCardinals a Muslim? Not that they don't have Prophet Isa (Jesus), too, but I don't think "being like Jesus" is as big a thing in Islam as it is in Christianity. I could be wrong.
Why not? Jesus’s teachings belong to everyone. As are the teachings of Buddha’s or Advaita or the Quran. Jesus did not say he is Christian. He was addressing shepherds mostly, no? Why make these artificial barriers to knowledge when none really exist?

Old 06-06-2023, 08:38 AM

16,667 posts, read 15,663,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I've never heard a Muslim say they want to be like Jesus, although they do revere him.

Old 06-06-2023, 08:41 AM

15,956 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I've never heard a Muslim say they want to be like Jesus, although they do revere him.
Nobody can be like Jesus, only Jesus can be like Jesus! that is very different from valuing his teachings.

Old 06-06-2023, 09:19 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,792,660 times
Default Perfection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Oh, so sorry that happened to you Northsouth, it's kind of sad that there are people like that, believe me I know, I'm Satan's daughter according to some Christians that know me, ha-ha! I lost count how many times I heard "Burn in Hell" "Suffer a Witch to live", but my favorite one to hear is "You can't serve two Masters" because then, I can confuse them!

"Of course I can my dear, the goddess and God are my masters, unlike your God and Devil you worship." They have that strange blank stare on their face until I tease them "You worship the devil too, because you talk more about him than you talk about your God."

As a witch I am an observor of Earth and Nature as well as people too! I have seen so much in my short life here and have a million of stories to tell, I'd like to tell you one now if I may?

It happened a few years ago when I was walking from my car to the office building I was working at. There was a maintenance man that parked his forklift up an embarkment from a security fence that separated our employee parking lot from the main building. He was working on the turnstile gate when I passed by and said "good morning sir!"

I didn't have to be an empath that day to see what was on his mind, lol. I am a witch, he is a Christian, and his disgust for me clearly shown on his face. So I smiled and went my Merry way, when suddenly, the forklift he parked began to move towards him. I ran and jumped on the forklift as fast as I could and slammed on the brakes just inches before it would have squished him against our steel gates.

The fear in his eyes was priceless when I smiled and said "You forgot to put the hand brake on sir, have a Blessed day, sweetie!" While I walked away. You know to this day he never said "Thank you" for saving his life, but I hope for one moment he saw a human being and not a witch that did everything she could to save his life.

People like him have a lot of hate in their heart, and because they are so fixated on their religion, they demonize people that are not of their faith. They lost the ability to see the human behind the religion and that makes them a shell of a person, bitter, unhappy, and never at peace.

I used to get mad at people like this but now I forgive them and even pity them, because they will never have the peace and happiness I have through the love I found from my heart.

You have a lot of love in in your heart too, never forget the special person you truly are. I feel your hurt when you shared your experience about the Christian woman that failed to see your beauty, your priceless worth, because her religion blinded her from the truth.

Take time to mourn, to be hurt and to realize that you did nothing wrong. Maybe in time you can forgive her and pity her too, because she lost a good man that cared for her and it is her loss and not yours. Just know, her anger will always cloud her judgement and she is never going to find that peace and love we so desperately need in our life as long as she lets that anger of hers control her life. Take care blessings, and hope what I said helped!
Your post is, well, so many things but most of all it has moved me. And your paragraphs make my heart happy. And, the proper grammar. Sorry, I'm a stickler for that. My goodness, you said you were young but you sure are wise. I love your attitude.

A lot of people assume that I am a man, I guess because my moniker is not gender specific. But I am not. Also, like I had to tell another person in this thread whose intentions were not good so it doesn't matter, I am not a lesbian either. It's ok, I have a lot more to say than that. But wouldn't that be cool if I were a lesbian? I could offend so many more people!

Thank you. I did mourn and it still hurts but I have had time to ruminate about what happened and you're right, none of this is my fault. I do have a big heart and I gave her a second chance. She blew it. There are new people to meet and I know just where to find them now.

I knew a few people who were Wiccan and Pagan, but at the time, I was a Christian and they scared me. So ridiculous. I wish I knew then what I know now and maybe I would have been able to relate to them better. I'm so curious about other religions and ways of life, it's refreshing to hear about yours.

That is quite a story! Imagine that, a witch saving a christian's life. He reacted the way that a lot of christian folks here would react to anyone other than a christian....even if you are saving their life. I'm sorry that happened to you and that you get harassed for being who you are. It hurts but you did everything so right, and he did it all wrong. There is a certain peace just knowing that.

There is a scripture in the bible that Jesus said, "forgive them, for they know not what they do"(Luke 23:34) that rings true in this and a lot of other situations. I have no quarrel with the things the Jesus character said, I just don't believe he was a real person.

Yes, I still quote scriptures if need be. It's usually to prove a point to a believer or something like that. I use it as ammunition now. Nah, it comes in handy, though, when a christian thinks they know everything about their holy book. Surprise. They don't.

Thank you HP Sarah, you made my day. I'm not sure I want to read the rest of thread now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism