Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 10:01 AM

17,782 posts, read 13,677,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Darby View Post
Wait a minute: Now you think O'Darby may actually BE the smalltown Texas pastor who has been identified as the Anti-Christ!!! Golly, I'm flattered.

I don't know what it's like to be inside your head, but I'll bet it's ... well, fascinating.

Enquiring minds - that would be me - skimmed through hundreds of your old posts. You talk rather freely - about your non-relationship with your father, your disdain for religion and predisposition toward atheism even as a child, your disdain for members of your church, your dissatisfaction with your childhood church, and your disdain for pretty much everything and everyone. I could quote some of them if you like.

You know what? I could find nowhere that you said anything resembling what you are now saying here. Odd, eh? It's almost as if this Anti-Christ pastor who gets worse with every post were a fictional character you're inventing on the fly.

I did learn one thing. You like to talk about yourself. A lot.

I'll leave it there.
From one of your other posts...

Quote:
The atheists on these forums spend an inordinate amount of time attacking Christianity – and not just Christianity but a cartoon caricature of the most dogmatic, literalist, fundamentalist species of Christianity as though it were the norm. It’s very odd, as though Christianity were uniquely threatening to them and almost an obsession with them. I can’t imagine spending the same time and energy attacking atheism, let alone some cartoonish caricature of the so-called New Atheism that would make serious atheists cringe.
From the current post:

Quote:
Enquiring minds - that would be me - skimmed through hundreds of your old posts.
It's very odd, as though Large King Cat were uniquely threatening to O'Darby and almost an obsession with him. I can't imagine spending the same time and energy stalking Large King Cat as he is nothing but one of those atheists who, according to O'Darby, "spends an inordinate amount of time attacking the cartoon caricature of the most dogmatic, literalist, fundamentalist species of Christianity."

Silly Cat!!! Silly Irishman!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2023, 01:05 PM

88,544 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
He was not a good friend to me. GldnRule, Tzaph, cb2008 and Hayle White(I think the latter 3 are one in the same) fiercely and relentlessly attacked me after returning from a long hiatus. Not supportive AT ALL. I am not in the least bit surprised he got banned. He was mean. He backed off eventually and stopped posting in R&S. Apparently, it wasn't just atheists he was attacking. I hate when anyone gets banned but maybe he needed a reality check.
No, they aren't, but that is funny.

Old 10-26-2023, 02:46 PM

501 posts, read 167,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's very odd, as though Large King Cat were uniquely threatening to O'Darby and almost an obsession with him. I can't imagine spending the same time and energy stalking Large King Cat as he is nothing but one of those atheists who, according to O'Darby, "spends an inordinate amount of time attacking the cartoon caricature of the most dogmatic, literalist, fundamentalist species of Christianity."
My skimming consumed no more than an hour. Scarcely an obsession. You should see the time I spend on JFK assassination forums researching and debating absurd topics like Oswald's rifle sling. As one who has long moved in SBC circles, and who has never encountered a pastor remotely like LKC describes, I am indeed fascinated by the reality or lack thereof of his purported experience. My informed guess is that he did have an unhappy youthful experience in a Baptist church but that the "complete and total crook, loser, liar, all around bad person, racist, bigot, anti catholic, anti pretty much anything that was outside of his tiny mindset" pastor is pretty much a figment of his imagination and an exercise in creative writing. Easy to prove me wrong, of course.
Quote:
Silly Cat!!! Silly Irishman!!!
Hello? I was born in Northern Ireland to American parents as a matter of pretty much pure chance, spent my formative first six weeks there, and have never been back. I'm about as Irish as Lone Star Beer.

Old 10-26-2023, 02:58 PM

412 posts, read 137,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, they aren't, but that is funny.
Why is it funny? That poster is continuously attempting to get personal on public forums and when she's not engaged as she desires, she lashes out and sulks like a child.

Old 10-26-2023, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayle White View Post
Why is it funny? That poster is continuously attempting to get personal on public forums and when she's not engaged as she desires, she lashes out and sulks like a child.
I have good reasons to think it's funny that somebody thinks the three of you are the same person. You are not them, and they are not each other, but I've known who else you are since the day you showed up as "Hayle White".

You all have tells.

And you have no business talking about someone else getting personal on public forums.

Bye for now.

Old 10-26-2023, 08:54 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,313,875 times
I vote gabfest on that one.

Old 10-27-2023, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I vote gabfest on that one.
Ding ding ding we have a winner.

Old 10-27-2023, 07:43 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,162,156 times
Quote:
He was not a good friend to me. GldnRule, Tzaph, cb2008 and Hayle White(I think the latter 3 are one in the same) fiercely and relentlessly attacked me after returning from a long hiatus. Not supportive AT ALL. I am not in the least bit surprised he got banned. He was mean. He backed off eventually and stopped posting in R&S. Apparently, it wasn't just atheists he was attacking. I hate when anyone gets banned but maybe he needed a reality check.
I'm sorry to hear that NS.

Old 10-29-2023, 07:56 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,792,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I loved it when GldnRule attacked. He made theists look both stupid and dishonest. Maybe he is the anti-Christ.

Shoot no, he wasn't charismatic enough to be the anti-christ. I think Henry Cavill is the anti-Christ. Beautiful man, inside and out. Every woman in the world would want that if there has to be an anti-christ. He's going to have to run for public office first and get the gist of how he's going to rule the world.

Btw, Henry is going to be the next "Highlander" in the reboot film. His career is moving forward. After all, he was Superman. I'm telling you, I have a sixth sense about these things.

I suppose I need to dial it down with the sarcasm it might be misconstrued as speaking the truth. That's right, I said it here first. Henry Cavill is the anti-christ.

Old 10-29-2023, 09:57 PM

19,979 posts, read 13,466,622 times
Quote:
That's right, I said it here first. Henry Cavill is the anti-christ.
We finally have him nailed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism