Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 08:46 PM

530 posts, read 650,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Christians dont hate homosexuals, they hate the fact that they are homosexuals & pray for them. That would be like saying they hate drunks, or hate divorcees, or hate rapists etc. they dont hate them, they wish & pray for them to stop what they believe is immorral behavior.
I don't know what hate is if it is not judgeing someones soul to burn in an ever lasting hell. I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy. If you don't think chritians are capable of hate, you are truely diluted. There has been more imprisioning, raping and murdering in gods name than any other thing. I am not saying all christians, but alot...look at the KKK for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 09:09 PM

115 posts, read 353,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
I don't know what hate is if it is not judgeing someones soul to burn in an ever lasting hell. I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy. If you don't think chritians are capable of hate, you are truely diluted. There has been more imprisioning, raping and murdering in gods name than any other thing. I am not saying all christians, but alot...look at the KKK for example.
there are a few example such as the KKK or the nut jobs at that church in kansas, but those are a very very small percentage. there are plenty of people who call them selves Christaians who hate, but they shouldnt, thats not the idea.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
there are a few example such as the KKK or the nut jobs at that church in kansas, but those are a very very small percentage. there are plenty of people who call them selves Christaians who hate, but they shouldnt, thats not the idea.
And no one said all christians are full of hate. But a lot are. I know multitudes of them personally. I heard a baptist use the N word the other day over a casual lunch more than 6 times. That word is slathered in hate. The bad thing is that baptist preacher is my older brother and I date a nigerian man. You don't think that was hateful?
There are certainly all kinds. I do know alot of christians who are the loving christ like people too. Funny thing is, I don't know any atheist who are hateful people.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:23 PM

well there you have it, well just have to leave it at that.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
well there you have it, well just have to leave it at that.
OK , works for me. I am simply stating facts that have happened to me personally, i can't speak for you and i'm sure you are a lovely person. I can only speak out of personal experience, and with christians, most of it has been bad!

Old 07-19-2009, 10:03 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
The Southern Poverty Law Center counted 926 active hate groups in the United States in 2008. Only organizations and their chapters known to be active during 2008 are included. All hate groups have beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics. There are many Christian and Islamic hate groups, but I could not find one Atheist group.

This one really bothers me because I have seen some of their sentiments expressed often here on CD.
For decades, Christian Identity has been one of the most important ideologies for the white supremacist movement. In its hardest line form, it asserts that Christ will not return to earth until the globe is swept clean of Jews and other "Satanic" influences.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:04 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,326,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.leviman View Post
Somebody gave an argument to me: You are the member of a hate group because "Skeptic society bash religious people".
Is it true, or not? What should we do in order to make Atheist image better?
Oh hell, fundies always pull that card... "We're so opressed. We're so hated. we never get our way..." This is really just reactionary boohooing, usually because some far our ideal doesn't get the mainstream floor time that they would so love to see.

Atheism and skepticism are not hate oriented, they just don't believe in some god. That doesn't make them any more hateful than people who DO beviele in a god.

People bash people, and that's all there is to it. Sure, atheists bash christians, but christians bash others just the same. It's interesting that fundies try to link atheism to hate groups, when a probable majority of real hate groups subscribe to a religious ideal.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
OK , works for me. I am simply stating facts that have happened to me personally, i can't speak for you and i'm sure you are a lovely person. I can only speak out of personal experience, and with christians, most of it has been bad!
im sorry to hear that. to my knowledge I dont know any athiests. I know some people who dont go to church & think that as long as there not out murdering people that there good people & that should be good enough, even though they were brought up as Christians, in most cases Catholics.
I actually consider myself agnostic. Ive been going to church for sometime trying to find faith because I believe in my heart that there is a creater. I just havent fully accepted the gospel as the truth.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:17 PM

222 posts, read 581,195 times
Quote:
Christians dont hate homosexuals, they hate the fact that they are homosexuals & pray for them. That would be like saying they hate drunks, or hate divorcees, or hate rapists etc. they dont hate them, they wish & pray for them to stop what they believe is immorral behavior.
Many of Christians (I would say majority) hate homosexuals. My associate-Mormon, hate homosexuals. He often says "I would fire them" etc.
My other friend, Jehovah Witness ( very peaceful religion !) says: "If all homosexuals would somehow die one day, then it will be no more homosexuals, because they exists only because of example of other homosexuals.
Add here bunch of degrading jokes, and phrases about anything homosexual.
Christians are hate group big time. The same truth about Jews and Muslims. Let's be fair to all religions.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:28 PM

so...based on what some idiotic things that some people say who are part of any religion, than that makes religions hate groups ? wow, thats simple. So than when a handful of politicians do something bad, than all politicians are bad, when a few dirty cups get busted than all cops are dirty ? wow, thats so simple why didnt I see that ? so than all athelites are on steroids & all actors are doped up right ?
Ive going to a Lutheran Church every Sunday for 4 yrs, plus Im in the mens group at the church, my wife helps @ VBS, I go to Sunday school every morning. I have never once heard anyone ever say anything close to that. I do know however a number of people who go to church, & are Christians or claim to be who say some awful things about people,(something they shouldnt do at all is gossip), that doesnt mean Christians are bad. its just some people ,who happen to be Christian doing bad things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism