U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 04:23 PM

4,349 posts, read 6,857,324 times

Advertisements

It’s Friday afternoon and I think it is time to lighten up a bit. Most of us on this forum recognize evolution as fact, and I think it would be interesting to think about the changes humanity went through and mark which ones were good changes and which ones we would like to reverse. It might be fun to plan the changes we want in the future too.

I have always thought it would be nice to have and extra hand or two. Sort of like the Indian goddess Lakshmi. Than I got to thinking what turn of events took our tails. I think it would be cool to have a tail to hold on to things, add a touch of balance in those off center moments. Hold tools when two hands are just not enough, or poke someone under the table while looking serious. Seems to me having a tail would be an evolutionary benefit. I would want a nice long thick one, not something like an opossum or rat, and something more practical than a squirrel tail. A tail you could really monkey around with would be nice. What is your view of evolutions ups and downs? What changes would you like to change?

Last edited by cncracer; 08-07-2009 at 04:35 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 04:48 PM

10,010 posts, read 17,564,603 times
I would like to reverse the weird hair growth, the hormonal issues and the monthly, bill we woman pay, oh and then are blessed with menopause. Still trying to figure out what benefit any of that is.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:01 PM

9,745 posts, read 15,117,091 times
Getting past our susceptibility to sinus infections and lower back trouble would be nice.

Oh, and a tail. Definitely.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:24 PM

9,618 posts, read 11,938,435 times
Yeah, my ol' arthritis is focused in my back and spine, but only because it's already a real weak point in our design, we being transitionals ourselves. En-route to what I wonder, huh? Too bad we sort of short-circuited our ultimate destination by changing our environment instead of the other way around.

I think we'd be best served with some changes in our behavior and arrogance. What about some ingrained altruism? A bit more genetically hard-wired built-in concern for the other animals in our world, who co-evolved without trying to wipe us out, as we have them. They have, in so many ways, waaaaay better equipment than we do.

That tail comes to mind, or the sense of smell of a good old south'n bloodhound, or the night vision of my Dottie the Wonder Cat (she checks all my posts for continuity and common sense...).

How about the pleasant demeanour of a mountain gorilla clan, mixed with the social skills of some merkats?

Y'all have a good Friday night, and I hope you have a productive and pleasant weekend!

Old 08-07-2009, 06:28 PM

9,618 posts, read 11,938,435 times
Yeah, my ol' arthritis is focused in my back and spine, but only because it's already a real weak point in our design, we being transitionals ourselves. En-route to what I wonder, huh? Too bad we sort of short-circuited our ultimate structural destination by changing our environment instead of the other way around. We'd have been the better for it.

I think we'd be best served with some changes in our behavior and arrogance. What about some ingrained altruism? A bit more genetically hard-wired built-in concern for the other animals in our world, who co-evolved without trying to wipe us out, as we have them. They have, in so many ways, waaaaay better equipment than we do.

That tail comes to mind, or the sense of smell of a good old south'n bloodhound, or the night vision of Dottie the Wonder Cat (she checks all my posts for continuity and common sense...).

How about the pleasant demeanour of a mountain gorilla clan, mixed with the social skills of some merkats? Never seen those types start any wars with the sole intent of forcing their silly religion on the other guy.

Y'all have a good Friday night, and I hope you have a productive and pleasant weekend!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:13 PM

4,349 posts, read 6,857,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I would like to reverse the weird hair growth, the hormonal issues and the monthly, bill we woman pay, oh and then are blessed with menopause. Still trying to figure out what benefit any of that is.
I have to agree about some of the hair growth. What good is hair in your ears, and why did it have to come when you are already struggling with middle age and teenage children.
You think correcting those female issues would be better than having extra hands and a tail. We aren’t talking one of those skinny useless tails, we talking long and full tail covered with soft fur to rub you mate, and strip away the days stress. Might even be able to wag it or signal when we feel aggressive.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:21 PM

162 posts, read 199,928 times
Having only one race!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:58 PM

1,387 posts, read 2,265,497 times
I know that primates have never been able to do this, but I think it would be really cool to be able to change colors and patterns of your skin like a cuttlefish. That would be so perky! The tail would be good, too.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:59 PM

32,099 posts, read 33,722,660 times
Wings would be fun.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:29 PM

3,412 posts, read 9,561,853 times
I would really like to have ability to re-grow teeth!! Your tooth gone bad? Pull it, and a new and shiny comes up, just like sharks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism