Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 08:12 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,160 times

Advertisements

It's The End Of The World As We Know It...Again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 10:39 AM

985 posts, read 2,600,195 times
And I feel fine!

Old 12-27-2009, 02:06 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
It's The End Of The World As We Know It...Again

Great!!!!, does this mean the christians can no longer run roughshod over us???? I mean,....the last monumental christian movement was the Nazi's.

Old 12-27-2009, 02:39 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post

You know, this is one link that I really enjoyed and sounded absolutely hilarious, I like this guy since the humor...

Old 12-27-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know, this is one link that I really enjoyed and sounded absolutely hilarious, I like this guy since the humor...
Yeah, I could swear this is Rifleman in disguise as they both use the same dry wit

Old 12-28-2009, 01:49 AM

I've nealy finished reading all the wack-a-loon prophesies and although the USA are the predominant players in this woo woo crapola, the folk from Korea and Taiwan make a few cameo appearances, safe to say by influence of the USA xian woo woo media. And these folk wonder why we think of them as death cults?

Mind you, I'll admit that for awhile I was also taken in by all this BS.

The empty promises of the non 2nd coming of jesus is probably needed to give these folk some false sense of security in exchange for their tithes aka buying your way into heaven.

The list is exhaustive any any sane theist that takes the time to read this well chronicled list of failed prophesies regarding the sicko apocalyptic end of daze mindsets of their predecessors, should at least come away with enough doubt to question their oracles of faith.

While humans have progressed to the point of being able to annihilate themselves four times over, we free thinkers must persevere and push back against these ancient myths and ensure that no whack job of the likes of Sister Sarah come anywhere near the magic football, the combined gods help us if that ever happens.

The phailure of their gawd or messiah to make an appearance in 2009 years must really be peeving the flock and I think their deer leeders are running out of excuses of why teh lawd tarries, seems the ROI is going to be a beeg phat zero.

I would love to say "I cannot believe folk fall for this crap" but seeing I was once in their camp, I cannot, yet I still stand amazed not at my personal gullibility but also the collective gullibility of the USA masses, at least I never was a UFO woo woo, I guess it is because I hate trailers (caravans for Brits) and have never owned one and that is why I have never seen any flashing lights except for airliners flying over our town at 33k ft en route to Australia.

The no true Scotsman fallacy wrt these charlatans trotted out by xians fails on so many fronts. ALL of these false profits believe in the self same jesus and his immanent return/pearly gate paradise in the hereafter. It goes to prove there is no entity like the holey spirit as ALL these folk have studied the same buybull and come away with sooo many phailures and variances.

Methinks, theists just need to believe in something and thus will believe in anything a snake-oil salesman aka pulpiteers aka stand-up comedians have to offer.

The only sure-fire prophesy that remains true is this;
Y'all going to die
Sucks eh? Well make the most of this life as that is all there is.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:42 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,404,966 times
I see it from a different side. I won't say atheists, but the human herd in general, with the 2012 end, Nostradamus-he never goes away, and now the global warming thing. It was a-bombs, flesh eating viruses, asteroids and such. The end is always near from some angle.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
The first thing that popped into my head was

"You've been watching too much of the History channel!!!"

It seems every other show nowadays is on the apocalypse or the end of the world as we know it... it's getting a bit old, quite honestly.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:34 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Has our resident doomsdayer, Compbell34, read and commented on this one yet? Inquiring minds need to know!

Old 02-09-2010, 11:38 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,703,829 times
No doubt we'll be hearing from the "Demon Whisperer" soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism