Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 06:11 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,875,670 times

Advertisements

This is one more example as to why I am proud to say I am an ATHEIST!!!

Nun Excommunicated For Allowing Abortion : NPR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 06:32 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,353,647 times
Sounds just like them, I wonder if he thought of all the children she already had living without their mother. I guess not, that is not important. If she lived they stand a better chance of being educated, and that sure is not a goal he would want to see.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:32 PM

79 posts, read 260,697 times
And yet they have priests who molest children and they just get a talking to and moved to a new church for others to deal with. A sin is a sin is a sin....

Old 05-20-2010, 01:00 PM

705 posts, read 1,110,234 times
This is what happens when you go to a cathiloc-run hospital;

But the hospital felt it could proceed because of an exception — called Directive 47 in the U.S. Catholic Church's ethical guidelines for health care providers — that allows, in some circumstance, procedures that could kill the fetus to save the mother. Sister Margaret McBride, who was an administrator at the hospital as well as its liaison to the diocese, gave her approval.

Dirrective 47 huh, like the church is competent enough to make life and death decisions. I would be as crazy as a catholic if I ever let one of these dellusional people make a decision like this for me or a member of my family. Way too many sheeple in this world.

"She consented in the murder of an unborn child," says the Rev. John Ehrich, the medical ethics director for the Diocese of Phoenix. "There are some situations where the mother may in fact die along with her child. But — and this is the Catholic perspective — you can't do evil to bring about good. The end does not justify the means."

Can't do evil to bring about good huh. If this moron ever has a criminal holding a gun to his head I hope the cop that responds remembers his rediculous words. I hope I never have to be that cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism