Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 03:33 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,404 times

Advertisements

Man i've come such a long way since this post

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...y-bad-but.html

Gotta say i've been blessed. As of today I received another promotion and landed a junior analyst position. So this put me in the state of thinking of possibly purchasing a home. I definitely want to remain in the cobb area, but have little to no knowledge when it comes to this as i've always been an apartment renter. But I think im ready to make the move...so i'm looking for some suggestions in terms of:

Locations
Costs
Building companies
Finance companies
etc

It's only me and my girlfriend.. and im not sold on whether I would want her to move in yet. So it wouldnt need to be anything excessively large or fancy. Just a nice 3BR/2BA home in a nice area. No kids so the school zone thing doesnt really matter to me. My credit score is high 700s... expected to crack the 800 mark sometime this year so I dont think financing will be an issue. Then again im not sure exactly how that works for first time buyers. All suggestions are welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 05:22 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,000,428 times
One thing to think about, Do you want to do all the outside maintance that a house will require? Do you have to travel? you may want to consider a 3br townhouse. You get the tax benifits of owning. and only part of the problems. The HOA takes care of everything outside. you take care of inside stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: