Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2010, 06:34 PM

969 posts, read 1,959,032 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of or can anyone recommend a 24 hour Urgent Care in Atlanta or Intown??? I can't find anything online and I find it hard to believe there aren't any here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 06:51 PM

969 posts, read 1,959,032 times
Is there a law here or something that after 8:30-9pm, you have to go to a hospital emergency room???

Old 06-22-2010, 09:31 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,244,665 times
Before my son was diagnosed with Asthma (when he was 10 months) he had 2 episodes where we had to take him to the ER (and it was in the middle of the night). I've often asked this question too, because I noticed in one of the burbs we were looking in (Dacula) the nearest ER is 20 min away. Eeek! That seems far, considering where I live now there is one 2 miles away, and another 5 miles away, and another........

Old 06-23-2010, 06:08 AM

143 posts, read 345,980 times
Let me Google that for you:

urgent care atlanta - Google Search

There are a few regular ERs mixed in, but the map has the locations and contact information for several intown urgent care locations. I didn't read down to the regular results, but I'm sure there are even more.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:15 AM

9,317 posts, read 21,000,428 times
Most urgent Cars close around 9pm. Most are privately owned/run, and don't have enough business to stay open all night

Old 06-23-2010, 06:18 AM

2,206 posts, read 6,890,743 times
Dawg, the OP was looking for 24-hour urgent care, outside of hospital ER settings. I don't think we have any.

I think it may have something to do with medical insurance rules in Georgia. I chanced to use "Roswell Emergency Care" (I think that's what it was called), a free-standing ER on 92 in Roswell (near the Kohl's) a couple of years ago. They were an expansion of a Texas chain to Georgia and the care seemed very good. However, they closed a couple of weeks after we were there. I understood the problem was that people's medical insurance didn't cover using this kind of facility in Georgia like it does in Texas. Sure enough, although we have premium PPO coverage, that visit ended up costing us about $700 out of pocket.

This was "emergency" care rather than "urgent" care but I suspect the insurance issue may be related to the lack of 24-hour services outside hospitals, in this area.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:00 AM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
I think it may have something to do with medical insurance rules in Georgia. I chanced to use "Roswell Emergency Care" (I think that's what it was called), a free-standing ER on 92 in Roswell (near the Kohl's) a couple of years ago. They were an expansion of a Texas chain to Georgia and the care seemed very good. However, they closed a couple of weeks after we were there. I understood the problem was that people's medical insurance didn't cover using this kind of facility in Georgia like it does in Texas. Sure enough, although we have premium PPO coverage, that visit ended up costing us about $700 out of pocket.

This was "emergency" care rather than "urgent" care but I suspect the insurance issue may be related to the lack of 24-hour services outside hospitals, in this area.
That's interesting to know. I guess that explains the bill we got from an urgent care my son went to after being bitten by a dog. We were expecting a "doctor's office" type fee, and instead got hit with one more in line with emergency room costs.

I do remember seeing a clinic attached to a hospital recently. I thought it was at North Fulton, but a search of their website didn't show it. The premise was that it handled emergencies less severe than what the emergency room would cover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: