U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 02:51 AM

14 posts, read 36,190 times

Advertisements

Duluth has tons of Asian grocery stores... in that area the Japanese/Chinese/Korean communities all kinda mix together so any of the stores will carry a big mix of all three cultures. I just moved to Maryland from that area. Family is chinese so we took advantage of the grocery stores there alot.
Hmart is in Duluth of Pleasant Hill Rd. There is an Assi in Lawrenceville (I think they just opened on in Duluth too). There is a new Chinese market behind the Shogun off Pleasant Hill. Buford Highway has tons of Asian grocery stores as well (this would prob be the closest option for you). Strawberry Ramune is my fav They carry them at all the stores in Duluth for like $1 something as well
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 06:40 AM

19 posts, read 59,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Right off the top of my head, the Buford Highway Farmers Market in Doraville has two Japanese aisles. Many a cheap find there.

There are a couple of other stores in the area that I can't think of at the moment. When I do I'll repost, but the Farmers Market will probably have everything you need.
Thanks, waronxmas! Will check them out!

Old 06-24-2010, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianFairy View Post
Duluth has tons of Asian grocery stores... in that area the Japanese/Chinese/Korean communities all kinda mix together so any of the stores will carry a big mix of all three cultures. I just moved to Maryland from that area. Family is chinese so we took advantage of the grocery stores there alot.
Hmart is in Duluth of Pleasant Hill Rd. There is an Assi in Lawrenceville (I think they just opened on in Duluth too). There is a new Chinese market behind the Shogun off Pleasant Hill. Buford Highway has tons of Asian grocery stores as well (this would prob be the closest option for you). Strawberry Ramune is my fav They carry them at all the stores in Duluth for like $1 something as well
10-4, AF. Will check out Hmart and new Chinese mkt. Thanks!

Old 06-24-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr_Brush View Post
Tomato is the name of the Japanese grocery next to Umezono. They have another store on Peachtree Industrial that would undoubtedly be more convenient for someone from Doraville.

However, Tomato is anything but cheap.

‚Ƃ܂ƃXƒgƒA[¥TOMATO JAPANESE GROCERY STORE
H_B, checked out Tomato yesterday. Agree. Thanks for all the help.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyRainyDay View Post
John, you can find address and directions to Umezono (recommended, if you like Japanese food) very easily by googling. The grocery store itself I couldn't find on the net. There's a Japanese book store there too.

This place is a bit distant from you in Doraville, but on the other hand, they're just off 285. If you are also close to 285 it might be a reasonably quick and easy trip, so long as you avoid rush hours (at which time the northern arc of 285 tends to be a parking lot).

Considering you're close to Buford Hwy which I believe is the metro center of Asian food places, I suspect there should be something closer to you. That's not my part of town, so I don't know what's over there, personally.
RRD, will google it. THANKS for all the help!

Old 06-24-2010, 06:50 AM

Thanks, GC. I checked out Buford HWY Farmers Mkt but it was more of an intl bazaar than a real farmers' market like Sprouts(in Texas).

Thanks for all the help!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:30 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,076,812 times
Where do you live?

Aside from Tomatoes, in the Smyrna Area there is Grandmart - they are pan asian so you can find pretty much anything Asian you want there - korean, chinese, japanese, filipino everything.

Old 07-16-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
Where do you live?

Aside from Tomatoes, in the Smyrna Area there is Grandmart - they are pan asian so you can find pretty much anything Asian you want there - korean, chinese, japanese, filipino everything.
I'm in Doraville/Decatur area.

I'll check out Grandmart in Smyrna.

Sorry for late reply and THANK YOU for all the help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>