Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 04:13 PM

63 posts, read 282,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastminutemom View Post
Shortcut

I was feeling sorry for you, so I poked around Craigslist and you are right, there isn't much out there with garages. I will say that I just had a good friend try and sell a home in Dunwoody with no carport/garage and she had a terrible time. Finally, got it sold, but I wonder if many homes without garages/carports end up as rentals cause they are harder to sell...

Here are some I found on Craigslist...

$810/ 1 BR Cottage on Springdale Road (http://atlanta.craigslist.org/apa/365365343.html - broken link)

PERFECT LOCATION - RANCH WITH FENCED YARD (http://atlanta.craigslist.org/apa/364509524.html - broken link)

AWESOME HOUSE IN BROOKHAVEN/BUCKHEAD! (http://atlanta.craigslist.org/apa/364317477.html - broken link)

Thanks very much for your help. I spoke with someone that lives in the Atlanta area and she has indicated that a location in Smyrna might be ideal for me. I looked into the properties you mentioned--unfortunately two of the three choices were beyond my budget. The third choice is definitely an option.

Do you know of any town home rentals in Smyrna? Are there townhome complexes? Just checking. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 04:56 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,738,607 times
Check out Magnolia Vinings on Cumberland Pkwy. Web is Magnolia Vinings | Luxury Apartment Homes.

Great area...great looking apartments with detached garages. Walkable to some very cool restaurants at ONe Ivy Walk. Pool looks very nice too. We lived in another one of this company's buildings in NC and it was incredibly well managed.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea1 View Post
Check out Magnolia Vinings on Cumberland Pkwy. Web is Magnolia Vinings | Luxury Apartment Homes.

Great area...great looking apartments with detached garages. Walkable to some very cool restaurants at ONe Ivy Walk. Pool looks very nice too. We lived in another one of this company's buildings in NC and it was incredibly well managed.
I looked into this community today and, unfortunately, they do not have anything within my price range.

I AM, however, seriously considering Post Vinings. Do you know anything about this community? They also offer detached garages and at a pretty good monthly rate.

(thanks for all your help over these past few months--it's been a GREAT help!)

Old 07-06-2007, 09:11 PM

I'd call and ask them if they can make you a better deal than what's being advertised on their site. Apartments can offer "free months" rent which really brings down your yearly cost. Worth a call...
Post Vinings is probably fine. I live in the area and it looks nice when I drive by.
There are a few other complexes along Cumberland Parkway worth checking out when you come down. I'll try to jot their names down when i drive by.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweettea1 View Post
I'd call and ask them if they can make you a better deal than what's being advertised on their site. Apartments can offer "free months" rent which really brings down your yearly cost. Worth a call...
Post Vinings is probably fine. I live in the area and it looks nice when I drive by.
There are a few other complexes along Cumberland Parkway worth checking out when you come down. I'll try to jot their names down when i drive by.
I will definitely try to do that--although it's tough to bargain when I;m looking for a six month lease. At least it's worth a try

Thanks for the referrals. I'll probably rent the apartment in Post Vinings sometime early next week if I can't find anything else. I at least need to get the worries of "where to live" off my back

Old 07-07-2007, 05:17 AM

You'll be fine in Post Vinings. Ask for a top floor apartment and see if they'll give you one that doesn't face the street! I'd ask for this in any complex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta