Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 11:19 AM

34 posts, read 106,584 times

Advertisements

I'm 97% sure Atlanta is the place I want to relocate to. I just don't know what area I should be in. Please help me out!

1. Budget: $0-$650 a month.
2. House/Condo/Townhome? Probably an apartment with my budget. lol
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) I would commute.
4. Children(public school vs. private) Don't have any.
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two: Either...but would like to try Urban more.
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Would like it to be somewhat close.
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood: I don't mind as long as I feel comfortable and accepted.

I'm a single 31 year old African American woman with no children or pets. Relocating from Portland, Oregon. Would love to feel like I'm in a big city, but if I can't afford that feeling lol I would love to live somewhere close by...I would say within 20 minutes of it. Hopefully I won't end up in an area where it takes over an hour to get to a potential nanny job if I am not able to find a live-in position. I've been a nanny for 12 years so that is most likely what kind of job I will be looking for.

Of course since I'm single it's important to have a place that is in a safe area. I don't like ground level apartments. I would rather be in an area that is full of young (responsible) adults than in an area full of families and have places around me geared towards them. No offense, I love families and all, but I'm not a wife and I don't have any children. I don't go out on the town a whole lot, but wouldn't mind if nightlife options were near. Having a grocery store in the area would be good too.

Also, do you think I could get by without a car for awhile? Or should I bring my car with me? Does anyone know if nanny jobs in Georgia provide you with a car to use on the job like some do here? Or does it just depend?

I guess that's it. Please let me know if you need any information. Any feedback would be helpful.
Thanks!

-Winter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 11:31 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
My friend was a nanny for a while in FL--every situation was somewhat different. She had her own place and her own car. I assume this would be possible in Atlanta.

GoogleSearch/ATL/Nannies>>>
atlanta nannies - Google Search

You could contact ProMove apartment locator service.

It seems like the Briar Hill Apts on Sheridan Rd/NE/Executive Park area would have a one bedroom in your price range.

Urban/suburban. With luck you might find something in VA Highland or adjacent neighborhoods that would have more charm and be closer to downtown.

Shopping wouldn't be much of a problem--lots of shopping, jmo.

Old 07-20-2010, 12:26 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,508 times
It all depends on where you work but if you happen to work in Northwest Atlanta I would recommend this apartment

Paces Station Apartments - 3000 Paces Walk - Atlanta - EquityApartments.com

Nanny positions...
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/search...nny&srchType=A

Check with the Unemployment office also

Old 07-21-2010, 11:00 AM

34 posts, read 106,584 times
Thanks for the responses. Still researching different areas so if anyone else has something to throw into the pot please do!

Thanks!

Old 07-21-2010, 09:45 PM

4,688 posts, read 8,017,508 times
Just about all the apartments on that site are nice if you happen to work in that area

Old 07-23-2010, 06:02 AM

188 posts, read 680,050 times
Highly dependent on the area you work. Based on your budget Buckhead and Midtown two most happening Night life locations are out of question. I always hear great things about West end of georgia tech. I don't know anything about Nanny positions.

You can always contact ProMove and get the current ongoing rates for apartments.
Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: