Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 02:52 PM

23 posts, read 86,038 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to do my homework way in advance here...in anticipation of a job offer being made.

I'm interviewing with an employer located in the Vinings/Smyrna area....I have 2 children in elementary school...we would be relocating the family (hubby, me and 2 kids) from Florida.

Which neighborhoods/communities should I be looking into for apartments to rent? We will definitely be renting for several reasons...we need to deal with our home in Florida before we consider buying. Would be looking for a 3 bedroom or possibly a LARGE 2 bedroom.

Here's my info:

1. Budget - Going to depend on my pay but I'm guessing around 1000-1200/mo....may be able to increase that to 1500+ depending on the employment offer. I'm hopeful that will be the case.
2. House/Condo/Townhome? - Apartment/Townhome - we will rent
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) - commute
4. Children(public school vs. private) 2 children - public elementary school - Kindergarten and 3rd grade
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two - suburban - but reasonably close to shopping, etc.
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? Not really a factor
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. - Family oriented is most important to me.

Let me know if I've left anything out....thanks in advance! This is going to be a BIG change for us all..... Hoping it's a POSITIVE ONE ....Florida living has not been good for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 07:52 AM

72 posts, read 174,801 times
You may just want to stay in Vinnings. There are a very large number of apartments in that area so you would have a large selection. When moving to Atlanta it is very important to live either in the area you work or live in an area that is the opposite direction that the rest of Atlanta is traveling. Vinnings is just inside of 285 or the perimeter. Also fyi the real estate and trade is quite liberal with the term Vinnings....just because they say it's vinnings it may not be. I don't know what the public schools are like which is important because the good private schools cost $$$$ and have waiting lists. what area are you moving from in Florida?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: