Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2007, 11:56 AM

3 posts, read 21,006 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating to Atlanta. We want to find an apartment in a SAFE and nice neighborhood but our budget is pretty tight right now, which makes the search a lot more complicated. I found affordable apartments in Smyrna (on and near Windy Hill Road, close to 75), and near Peachtree Industrial Blvd. in North Atlanta, Chamblee and Doraville. Are those safe neighborhoods? I would really appreciate any comments and suggestions. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 03:44 PM

62 posts, read 436,217 times
It's hit in miss in all of those places. Some parts of Smyrna are glorious while others are depressing. Windy Hill near I-75 is probably Post Village? It's relatively safe where as the apartments less than one mile away are not. Generally speaking, Smyrna can be a nice place to live, depending on your goals.

To get an accurate response, narrow it down to the apartment level. Good luck!

Old 06-25-2007, 05:34 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,655,174 times
Some areas of Peachtree Industrial are horrid, others are not so bad --generally speaking avoid anything on Peachtree Industrial outside of I 285 and you need to go pretty south, south of Chamblee-Dunwoody to find the nicer areas.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:02 PM

9 posts, read 109,497 times
My Boyfriend and I are considering on moving to Georgia to be closer to his family.
We found some affordable apartments in Norcross, Sandy Springs, and Doraville. A few of them were by I-285, how is that area?
I was just wondering How safe are these areas to live in and rent an apartment in? Are there any safe areas for children to be in? we don't have any kids yet but, we would be entertaining some when his sister brings her kids over to stay with us.
All honest comments and suggestions helpful.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:37 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,476,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg_fan22 View Post
My Boyfriend and I are considering on moving to Georgia to be closer to his family.
We found some affordable apartments in Norcross, Sandy Springs, and Doraville. A few of them were by I-285, how is that area?
I was just wondering How safe are these areas to live in and rent an apartment in? Are there any safe areas for children to be in? we don't have any kids yet but, we would be entertaining some when his sister brings her kids over to stay with us.
All honest comments and suggestions helpful.
I would continue to look. If you found affordable housing in 'Sandy Springs'--I read a post that indicated this is a transitional part of Roswell Rd--not safe.

Norcross--the historic center of town and west --Peachtree Corners--yes, very nice. I suspect 'Norcross' attached to an ad was deceptive--probably the Jimmy Carter/Beaver Ruin area--significant problems here and the same for Doraville a few miles south on Buford Highway.

If you have any idea on where employment might be located that would be helpful to those who could give suggestions. What is your price range?
Do you need want a 2 BDR apt--would you consider renting a condo, townhome --small house?
It is really is time consuming and a bit frustrating to respond w/o more specific FYI.

In NE ATL--safer areas are found closer intown--one zip code is 30329--my mind is going--there are others--somebody else should know.
These apartments are reasonably priced for ATL/safe area--30329/off Briarcliff Rd/North Druid Hills>>>
http://www.briarhillapts.com/

I would suggest Tucker/30084--and then Duluth--have no idea of a good zip code.

You can contact ProMove Apt locator service.
http://atlanta.promove.com/

Old 07-13-2010, 03:55 PM

1,123 posts, read 6,535,303 times
Why not try expanding your search beyond apartments to condos and/or houses for rent. I bet there are so sweet deals out there, and would likely be in a better neighborhood/building than those apartments.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:47 AM

1 posts, read 8,168 times
my daughter going to school in dunwoody ga. i wanna move to ga with her i found a apt in dunwoody/doraville called lacota apt in dunwoody/dorville very nice on the internet..is that a nice area

Old 11-30-2011, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 7,757 times
Looking for a 1 BR or studio apt. for 4 months while doing contract work. Any suggestions for a safe apt. for less than $1000 per month that would be within a 30 min. drive to Doraville? Nearby cities?

Old 11-30-2011, 12:12 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,047,632 times
Doraville is awful.

Either go north on Peachtree Industrial to Peachtree Corners/Duluth/Suwanee, west to Dunwoody, or south to Brookhaven.

I drive through Doraville from time to time. Every time I do, this plays in my head:

At least, this is for the part of Doraville near 285. I think there are some places along 85 that I consider Chamblee, but may technically be Doraville. Some of them may be ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta