Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 03:14 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
A Real World in Atlanta and the house is in Roswell ? How about a house in downtown Atlanta or on the West End ?
My vote's for the Clermont Lounge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 04:05 PM

143 posts, read 346,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Actually, the shows ratings aren't bad at all. I highly doubt Roswell would be where the house is either. That doesn't make any sense. It would be somewhere intown.
The most recently completed season was the worst rated in franchise history:
“The Real World DC” Is Worst Rated In Shows 23 Season Run – IndyPosted

This season appears to be doing a little better, but it's not the influential cultural brand that it once was.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:37 PM

30 posts, read 62,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterDawg85 View Post
The most recently completed season was the worst rated in franchise history:
“The Real World DC” Is Worst Rated In Shows 23 Season Run – IndyPosted

This season appears to be doing a little better, but it's not the influential cultural brand that it once was.
Indeed, but I catch an episode sometimes, it is still entertaining for some reason. And yes, they are all whiny and immature, but note the age group:18-21. Thats an immature whiny age group, and has been since the 60's probably. I wouldn't really know, im only 24.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:06 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koko339 View Post
I really doubt they would have a RW in Roswell. Interesting to ponder why one hasn't been done in Atlanta...
Has one been done in Chicago or DC?

Old 08-12-2010, 11:14 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I guess the big question is- who cares? All of these absurd reality shows do nothing to show an area's good side, and mostly end up being detrimental. People were all excited about Real Housewives coming to Atlanta, and all that did was make everyone think that Atlanta was full of gold-digging hoochie-mamas and trailer trash. Gee, where do we sign up for another reality show???
Dont forget the RappERS babymama show!! My room mate who just moved here thinks that having a kid from a RAPPER equals instant fame lol...those shows man. I tell ya.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:29 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Has one been done in Chicago or DC?
Yup, both.

I'm ashamed I know this. (I used to watch the show).

DC was incredibly boring. I watched 2 episodes, I think.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:36 PM

143 posts, read 346,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJack View Post
Indeed, but I catch an episode sometimes, it is still entertaining for some reason. And yes, they are all whiny and immature, but note the age group:18-21. Thats an immature whiny age group, and has been since the 60's probably. I wouldn't really know, im only 24.
I'm 24 too, so I'm not trying to complain about kids in that age group or anything - I was there not long ago. But either way, whether we get our own season or not, I don't think it matters much. Since none of the people cast on the show are from the the area where they film, I doubt it will may anyone feel one way or another about Atlanta. People act the same on every season, in every city.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:46 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,986,744 times
The Real World wouldn't have a negative effect on Atlanta. It mainly just shows a bunch of pretty high quality marketing shots of a city as it cuts between cast member antics, and that's all the location matters for.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:53 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,868,193 times
If the show comes to Atlanta, the setting will NOT be in suburbia; that's not how RW operates.

I'm actually keeping up with this season more than a lot of past ones. Since I like to keep my life drama free, I've got to feed off someone else's, and who better than these teeny-boppers...LOL. Plus they are back in NOLA this season, which always makes for a good setting.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:29 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Dont forget the RappERS babymama show!! My room mate who just moved here thinks that having a kid from a RAPPER equals instant fame lol...those shows man. I tell ya.
If your talking about Tiny and Toya only one is famous for being a baby mama that Toya, on the other hand Tiny was famous before TI was. In fact Tiny and kandi from the real house wives were in a R&B group that created 3 platinum albums. This is what kill me a about The real house wives of Atlanta comment earlier, 3 were nobody one was already famous.

kandi is the lead, you know a "gold-digging hoochie-mamas and trailer trash" of real house wives of Atlanta

YouTube - Xscape - My Little Secret

Tiny is sing a minute in, you know she's famous for being baby mamma

YouTube - Ol Skool - Am I Dreaming ft. Xscape, Keith Sweat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta