Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2010, 06:41 AM

38 posts, read 148,718 times

Advertisements

We are going to hit the Progressive Lighting clearance center and also Ballards backroom in the Defoors warehouse area while we are back in town this weekend. I wondered if there were any other outlets that were worth hitting that I don't know about. Looking for stuff for the home (furniture, lighting etc). Thanks for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 11:14 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,619,925 times
I don't know about those other places, but hand's down I've found some of the best furniture at Consignment Furniture Depot in Chamblee.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:48 PM

17,474 posts, read 66,045,317 times
Progressive Lighting's Elsworth location is no bargain!
Their real bargain is the annual tent sale.
Ballard's on DeFoors is not a clearance store- their clearance store is in Roswell @ Old Alabama& Holcomb Br.
There are a few places across the street from Progressive that sell furniture- if that's what you want to call it.!
There's also The Dump! But it ain't no bargain either!
Rooms-to-Go has a clearance center on the access rd @ I-85 & JCB.
As Ros' said, consignment stores can be great places for great bargains. I have had great success at the consignment store in Dunwoody (the name escapes me).

Old 09-02-2010, 05:48 AM

38 posts, read 148,718 times
Thanks for the input, I'll check out that consignment store. That being said, I'm pretty sure Progressive stopped the tent sale when they opened the clearance center (that's what a sales person told me at the store, unless they are wrong). I went to the tent sale years ago and it was awesome. Also the website for Ballards does list the defoors location as a backroom location. Am I missing something?

Old 09-02-2010, 06:04 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,619,925 times
KB, you've had good success at the consignment store on Dunwoody Club? I think it's called Southern-something or the other. For some reason I haven't checked it out yet.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
Not meaning to deviate and pee on the cornflakes or anything, but while discount lighting and certain types of home items are great, please make note that there's one thing to keep in mind if buying anything that is upholstered: Buying Used Furniture? - Beware of Bed Bugs - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

There's a lot of discount places in Atlanta where you can get great deals on all kinds of stuff, but just tossing in that article as something to consider when looking at the furniture aspect of it, since the bed bug problem is being considered a rapidly growing problem in the U.S. now.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
KB, you've had good success at the consignment store on Dunwoody Club? I think it's called Southern-something or the other. For some reason I haven't checked it out yet.

Yes, Southern Comforts.
The team (me, myself, and the other half) have gotten a few things from there. Mostly accessories- but I do Look throughly at all the furniture. Most prices are "in the ballpark"- and they use a reducing price formula the longer an item sits on the floor.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmd2001 View Post
...Progressive stopped the tent sale when they opened the clearance center.
Also the website for Ballards does list the defoors location as a backroom location. Am I missing something?
I wasn't aware they stopped the tent sale-
Shame on them. They're throwing away money with those clearance stores (the other is the old retail location in Forsyth Co. on 400).

The Ballard's location on Holcomb Br is a "clearance" store- you'd just have to see it too believe it. As compared to the Defoors location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta