Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 03:00 PM

10 posts, read 25,131 times

Advertisements

Anyone know what this area is like? Such as demographics, average rental prices for a condo or townhome, local events. I know there is a mall, Forum on Peachtree. What else does this area offer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 03:12 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misschealsi View Post
Anyone know what this area is like? Such as demographics, average rental prices for a condo or townhome, local events. I know there is a mall, Forum on Peachtree. What else does this area offer?
This area is located between Dunwoody and Duluth--I'm not certain what you might know or need to know about either of these areas.

A previous thread--see post #7>>>
https://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...ett-great.html

I'm not great with directions but--Holcomb Bridge Rd is a main thoroughfare that begins in Historic Norcross--which is a good place to live--and crosses Peachtree Industrial Blvd --much more of a transitional area and I would not wixh to live there at the present time, close to Jimmy Carter Blvd. Holcomb Bridge Rd continues north to ?? Alpharetta and perhaps beyond--lower crime and good schools.

I don't know of specific 'local events' for Peachtree Corners/Norcross--it is suburban Atlanta/Gwinnett.
It is close to Pinckneyville Park/Recreation Center---which is very nice--many groups hold events there.
http://www.gwinnettcounty.com/portal...creationCenter

You might find some FYI in this thread>>>
https://www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...ty-county.html

Last edited by TakeAhike; 09-13-2010 at 03:26 PM..

Old 09-13-2010, 04:02 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,108,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misschealsi View Post
Spent half my childhood here. Great place to grow up.

Demographically, Peachtree Corners is much more similar to other northern suburbs (Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, Roswell) than to other Gwinnett suburbs. You'll find white homeowners with a small but significant amount of Asians mixed in due Simpson Elementary.

The condos/townhome segment in Peachtree Corners is lacking. Spanding Gate at Neely and Peachtree Square are two I can think of. There are also two developments off Crooked Creek Road.

The perks are its location. If you work anywhere off the 141 corridor, its an easy commute, even down to Brookhaven in rush hour. Also the lack of traffic compared to places like Dunwoody - going to the store isn't a hassle. The best perk is the family friendly swim and tennis neighborhoods.

Local events are sparse because of organizational issues - since Peachtree Corners isnt a city, there isnt much of a centralized community spirit, and people tend to attend the events of whatever city they are closest to - Dunwoody, Norcross, or Johns Creek. This could change with cityhood though.

The apartments are the achilles heel of the area. Too many were built, and they aged quickly. They are concentrated in one area though (Ptree Corners Circle in between Holcomb Br and 141).

Old 04-22-2021, 06:28 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,511,207 times
Default The City of Norcross announces its events schedule for 2021

The City of Norcross proper has announced its events schedule for 2021.

Quote:
After almost a whole year without fan-favorite events due to COVID-19 precautions, the city of Norcross is ready to entertain guests again.

This week the city announced 2021 Summer Events schedule, including Red, White & Boom on July 3 to celebrate Independence Day. That event will start at 5 p.m. and be held at Lillian Webb Park. City officials said CDC guidelines will be followed at all events.

The Norcross Community Market is currently underway, and the Summer Concert Series kicks off May 28 at Thrasher Park.
Norcross announces 2021 events schedule, including July 3 fireworks (Gwinnett Daily Post)

Norcross: a place to imagine - Events

Old 04-22-2021, 07:09 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Local events are sparse because of organizational issues - since Peachtree Corners isnt a city, there isnt much of a centralized community spirit, and people tend to attend the events of whatever city they are closest to - Dunwoody, Norcross, or Johns Creek. This could change with cityhood though.
I know this is an old post, but for those who may read it now, Peachtree Corners has since become a city and it is a very robust one.

https://www.peachtreecornersga.gov/

Old 07-31-2021, 08:21 PM

Lots of significant development projects underway in and around Norcross proper in Gwinnett County in Atlanta’s northeast suburbs.

Quote:
There are several projects underway, on the books or set to begin soon in the city, so the town’s leaders have plenty of things to crow about.

At the same time, the next few months are going to be very busy in Norcross as a number of significant projects or studies for future projects wrap up and begin opening to the public. Some of those efforts are being taken on by the city itself, while others are being undertaken by Gwinnett County and others are happening in the private sector.
Norcross is abuzz with a flurry of new development and redevelopment projects (Gwinnett Daily Post)

Old 07-31-2021, 09:08 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,942,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
Lots of significant development projects underway in and around Norcross proper in Gwinnett County in Atlanta’s northeast suburbs.

Norcross is abuzz with a flurry of new development and redevelopment projects (Gwinnett Daily Post)
Wow! Thanks for posting this, B2R! I had no idea this much is going on out there, it's been a couple of years since I've been out that way. Can you imagine all the towns in Gwinnett on the Norfolk Southern mainline with Commuter Rail? The impact would be amazing.

Old 08-01-2021, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Wow! Thanks for posting this, B2R! I had no idea this much is going on out there, it's been a couple of years since I've been out that way. Can you imagine all the towns in Gwinnett on the Norfolk Southern mainline with Commuter Rail? The impact would be amazing.
The impressive thing is that the towns that you mention are doing positively impactful things without the help of a commuter rail line on both the Norfolk Southern and CSX lines that run through Gwinnett County.

Norcross, Duluth, Suwanee, Sugar Hill and Buford are continuing to build up their downtown village areas without the help of commuter rail service on the NS line.

While Lawrenceville and (to a significantly lesser extent) Lilburn is building up its downtown village area without the help of commuter rail service on the CSX line.

Old 08-01-2021, 11:54 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,942,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
The impressive thing is that the towns that you mention are doing positively impactful things without the help of a commuter rail line on both the Norfolk Southern and CSX lines that run through Gwinnett County.

Norcross, Duluth, Suwanee, Sugar Hill and Buford are continuing to build up their downtown village areas without the help of commuter rail service on the NS line.

While Lawrenceville and (to a significantly lesser extent) Lilburn is building up its downtown village area without the help of commuter rail service on the CSX line.
Totally agree.

Old 08-01-2021, 01:12 PM

11,831 posts, read 8,027,753 times
Downtown Lawrenceville has seriously transformed over the last few years. I was there a few weeks ago and it is pretty outstanding. Downtown Duluth has likewise. Both would be perfect candidates for commuter rail. I’ve always had a thing for Downtown Norcross and visited it frequently pre-transformation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta