Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:01 AM

3 posts, read 25,938 times

Advertisements

What happens then? Does anyone have any idea of the approximate timeline? Our home is being auctioned the first Tuesday of October on the courthouse steps. We tried everything we could to save our home to no avail. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what happens after the auction, if it is sold, what if it is not sold, how much longer do we have to vacate and any other helpful information would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 08:46 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,045,027 times
Sorry to hear. If someone else does not bid the bank will buy it at auction so it will sell either way I believe. Someone else may come along with info on timelines for you to move.

Old 09-15-2010, 06:31 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,811,551 times
Good luck to you.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:08 AM

21 posts, read 58,791 times
Sorry for your trouble. My understanding is that you will get an eviction notice from the Sheriff and then you have 7 days, but have heard everything from one week to one month for the notice to come. Hopefully someone else has a better idea. Good luck to you.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:42 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,074,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAW1 View Post
What happens then? Does anyone have any idea of the approximate timeline? Our home is being auctioned the first Tuesday of October on the courthouse steps. We tried everything we could to save our home to no avail. Just wondering if anyone can tell me what happens after the auction, if it is sold, what if it is not sold, how much longer do we have to vacate and any other helpful information would be great.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope things get better.

Old 09-16-2010, 12:09 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
I recommend you call an attorney. If you are afraid of legal fees, call the Atlanta Legal Aid Society - Atlanta Legal Aid Departments. Or the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation - Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation, Inc. HOME2

Old 09-16-2010, 02:21 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,045,027 times
How long do I have to move after foreclosure? - Avvo.com

Old 09-23-2010, 11:34 PM

651 posts, read 1,562,063 times
after its sold, then the bank files for eviction. then 7 to 14 days after than another court apperance.

if u dont go, judge grants eviction (writ) then marshal comes about 2weeks AFTER the writ is issue...

--------------------

Did you get an offer for "cash 4 keys" yet?

sometimes the bank (or new owner) will offer you $500 or so, to move out, and make the place CLEAN... but you only get 1 week. if u do, they will give you $500, but only AFTER you move out..

Old 09-23-2010, 11:36 PM

651 posts, read 1,562,063 times
BTW: if its NOT sold , the bank itself is the highest bidder.. so it WILL be sold, back to itself, if no one out bids the bank..

Example.

$200k house
Mortgage $195..

at auction, they will try to ask for $195k

in this economy, no one will bid $195k.. so bank will win its own auction @ 195k
so bank buys the house itself for 195k. and its the new owner of the house..

Old 09-25-2010, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 24,285 times
Default Re: After auction at courthouse on foreclosed home

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear your home is in foreclosure. Unfortunately, I work for a company in GA that handles foreclosures.

Here are your options:

- communicate with your mortgage company/bank to see if you qualify for a loan modification (you must have income coming in to qualify); repayment plan or forbearance plan

- file bankruptcy Chapter 13 if you wish to restructure your payments - again it's important to have income coming in because if you're setup on a payment plan and you're unable to pay then your mortgage company/bank can file a Motion for Relief from Stay asking the court to grant them permission to resume foreclosure

- write a dispute to the foreclosure regarding the validity of the debt.

- try a short sale or deed in lieu of foreclosure - both at the discretion of mortgage company/bank to approve

- Contact www.naca.com to see if they can help.

If all of this has been exhausted then unfortunately the property will go to sale. It can either be sold 3rd party or if not then it's sold back to the mortgage company/bank far less than what you may owe.

My advice is to not make any attempts in moving out of the home until you receive an eviction notice. I have seen where files have been set for foreclosure sale and almost a year later the property has not gone to sale due to various title issues, property issues, etc and the owners moved out only to come to realize they are still the owners of the property and that it didn't go to sale.

Typically, eviction notification letters are sent out usually 3 days up to 30 days after the foreclosure sale has taken place advising you of when you need to vacate the premises. If it does get to this point these you can ask if they offer cash for keys.

Again, I'm sincerely sorry you are experiencing this.

All the best!

Last edited by LivingSimple; 09-25-2010 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: update information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: