Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:08 PM

17 posts, read 45,141 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am currently applying to colleges and Georgia State(to major in Real Estate, Finance, or Marketing) is on the top of my list. So what I am wondering is where do you recommend in Atlanta I live?
Personal Facts:
-Male
-Eighteen(seventeen currently)
-Straight
-Preppy
-Conservative
-Very Social
-Irish predominately and a bit Spanish(I look all Irish though)
-Very Street Smart
-From a wealthy family
Explanation:
I do not want to live at on campus housing so my parents are willing to rent me an apartment in Atlanta(they area also considering purchasing an investment property for me to live in). I do not want to live in downtown since I know there is not a ton of action there. I really like the Buckhead area and I am not totally familiar with Midtown, I saw nice apartments online, but I do not know what the people are like. Also for rent what would you expect to pay in Buckhead for a higher end rental. I would expect stainless steal appliances and granite(I am interested in cooking so it is not all for the look). If I could get a unit with a view that would be great. I would go with a one or two bedroom, probably a two bedroom because probably one of my siblings or two will go down to live in Atlanta also. The cost is not really an issue, I want to know what buildings are good. The building must also have parking and a pool also if a gym is in the building that would be a plus. I would like to be able to use MARTA to get to GSU instead of driving. And also is Decatur a nice area, I saw some nice places there online?, but I think I want to stay in Atlanta. I also want to be convenient to Republican Political activities, I worked on the McCain election in tenth grade so I like to be involved in political activities. Being convenient to restaurants would also be great.
Background:
I have always lived in the suburbs of a major city so this will be my first time living in a city(but all my family lives in NYC so I know how to live in a city) I have lived in the suburbs of NYC, LA, and currently DC. I plan on staying in Atlanta forever.
With Thanks,
A future Atlanta resident!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 04:05 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Contact ProMove Apartment Finders>>>
http://atlanta.promove.com/buckhead-apartments/

Specific properties are discussed in these threads--ie>>>
http://www.05buckhead.com/

Post Collier Hills
The Arbors at Berkeley
Post Brookhaven
Promenade at Peachtree
The Grove at Lenox Park
The Reserve at Lenox Park
Andrew's Court
Post Renaissance
450 Piedmont (probably outta my price range

Previous threads>>>
//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...n-college.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...d-midtown.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...soon-need.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...apartment.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...c-station.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...safe-apts.html
'Post Lindbergh and Tuscany at Lindbergh might be worth checking out-----'

Last edited by TakeAhike; 09-21-2010 at 04:39 AM..

Old 09-21-2010, 07:02 AM

747 posts, read 1,544,343 times
Not to get too political, but I can tell you right now that Midtown and Decatur are not places where a conservative individual is going to thrive lol. We are the bluest area of the state . I think Buckhead would be much more to your liking. If you don't want to drive to school, I would look for a place that's within walking distance of the Buckhead or Lenox rail stations. I'm about to graduate from GSU with a degree in Real Estate, so if you have questions about the school feel free to message me.

Old 09-21-2010, 09:45 PM

17 posts, read 45,141 times
Thanks so much, I really really love 05 Buckhead, the building and the apartments are just out of this world for a rental building. Also the location is amazing with how you can just walk a few minutes down Peachtree to MARTA which is great at night time for safety. I requested some information from 05 Buckhead so I am super excited to hear the pricing and more specs. I cannot wait to show my siblings they will not believe how great the units are it will definetly be a price shock for them, because my sister rents in NYC and boy can you say expensive. Also does anybody know of any other buildings that are like 05 Buckhead???, my mom does not want me living in the buildings where people can just come and go as they please. So buildings like The Grove at Lenox Park are not what I want. For safety I rather buildings like 05 Buckhead. Also does anybody know if rentals would be available in buildings that are not all rental?? What about units in the Sovereign, how much do you think they would be a month?
With Thanks
Oh yeah and koko339 I will send you a private message tomorrow after school with some questions about the real estate program at GSU, thanks so much! I was originally looking at Emory but when I saw the GSU real estate program and how you can live off campus at GSU it definitely surpassed Emory in my book.

Old 09-22-2010, 04:01 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2LA2DCeventuallyATL View Post
Thanks so much, I really really love 05 Buckhead, the building and the apartments are just out of this world for a rental building. Also the location is amazing with how you can just walk a few minutes down Peachtree to MARTA which is great at night time for safety. I requested some information from 05 Buckhead so I am super excited to hear the pricing and more specs. I cannot wait to show my siblings they will not believe how great the units are it will definetly be a price shock for them, because my sister rents in NYC and boy can you say expensive. Also does anybody know of any other buildings that are like 05 Buckhead???, my mom does not want me living in the buildings where people can just come and go as they please. So buildings like The Grove at Lenox Park are not what I want. For safety I rather buildings like 05 Buckhead. Also does anybody know if rentals would be available in buildings that are not all rental?? What about units in the Sovereign, how much do you think they would be a month?
With Thanks
Oh yeah and koko339 I will send you a private message tomorrow after school with some questions about the real estate program at GSU, thanks so much! I was originally looking at Emory but when I saw the GSU real estate program and how you can live off campus at GSU it definitely surpassed Emory in my book.
Many Emory students live off campus--lol.

Contact Pro Move for more suggestions on the type of housing you wish to secure.

good luck-Atlanta is a good place to be.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,239 times
Actually, if you look at the political map of Georgia for the U.S. Presidential Elections in 2004 & 2008, there are a couple of other blue districts. Not a lot, but some.

United States presidential election in Georgia, 2004 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United States presidential election in Georgia, 2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko339 View Post
Not to get too political, but I can tell you right now that Midtown and Decatur are not places where a conservative individual is going to thrive lol. We are the bluest area of the state . I think Buckhead would be much more to your liking. If you don't want to drive to school, I would look for a place that's within walking distance of the Buckhead or Lenox rail stations. I'm about to graduate from GSU with a degree in Real Estate, so if you have questions about the school feel free to message me.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 AM

14 posts, read 35,289 times
Socially you'll be fine. Just watch your back at all times; street smarts is very important. Dont let anyone use your phone. They tend to take an extended conversation; i learned the hard way DARN!

Old 09-24-2010, 12:56 PM

74 posts, read 173,644 times
Republican?? Try Peachtree City

Old 09-24-2010, 02:41 PM

30 posts, read 62,935 times
this kid is 17 years old, he doesnt know what he likes ,conservative and preppy huh? 17, wealthy family, street smart!? Trolling.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:43 PM

74 posts, read 173,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJack View Post
this kid is 17 years old, he doesnt know what her likes ,conservative and preppy huh? 17, wealthy family, street smart!? Trolling.

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta