Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 08:28 PM

36 posts, read 48,933 times

Advertisements

I recently accepted a position in Atlanta. It was slate for Fort McPherson, but the position shifted to Tucker while renovations are completed on the permanent place in Smyrna. I'd like to keep my rent less than $2000 and would like to keep the commute to 40 minutes or less. I'm visiting in a week and need areas to check out. I like the Towns of Crescent Park, but concerned about the stadium traffic. Any suggestions on areas to check out? I'm fond of townhomes with garages type communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 08:35 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,319,205 times
Stadium traffic has really not proven to be "a thing" at this site. Game day or no game day, the traffic tends to flow in a similar fashion on both the highways and surface streets in the area. I pass the stadium every day and frankly I was a bit worried before the 2017 season opened, but so far I have not noticed a significant impact. However, I would ask you this: when is the Smyrna location of your company opening, and how long will the company be temporarily located in Tucker? I would not want to do a Smyrna-Tucker commute for very long, and that has nothing to do with the stadium and everything to do with the mess that is the "top end" of 285, between 75 and 85 on the north side of town. If it's just a few months, then absolutely, just deal with it, but if it's going to be a year or two, you might want to initially rent near Tucker and then focus on Smyrna once the move happens.

I looked at The Towns at Crescent Park about ten years ago, and liked the townhomes a lot. I didn't end up buying there, largely because I would have had to have unloaded the place I owned at the time, in a tough market, but I found the neighborhood appealing, and that was when it was kind of "on an island." There's a lot more in that vicinity now, including some pretty good restaurants at The Battery itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta