Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 09:07 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times

Advertisements

It's been discussed before on the forum, but now ATP is something in Metro Atlanta--just like OTP and ITP.

Read:

Perimeter residents feel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 09:36 PM

840 posts, read 2,086,686 times
So what would be the ATP communities?

North
Dunwoody
Sandy Springs

West
Smyrna
Adamsville

South
College Park
Forest Park
Conley

East
Panthersville
Clarkston
Doraville

Also thought the article was really good and interesting

Old 10-10-2010, 10:08 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,107,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgyeldell View Post

North
Dunwoody
Sandy Springs

West
Smyrna
Adamsville

South
College Park
Forest Park
Conley

East
Panthersville
Clarkston
Doraville

Dont forget about Tucker on the east.

I liked the article. Im glad its starting to be acknowledged that there is a difference between closer in and further out OTP communities.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:55 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post

I liked the article. Im glad its starting to be acknowledged that there is a difference between closer in and further out OTP communities.

I agree.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:42 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
'Live in Sandy Springs or Dunwoody and you are now ATP: At The Perimeter.

The once-outlying areas have morphed into burgeoning metro communities.

Between them, there are 130,000 residents — a figure expected to grow when new Census numbers are released next year.

Those already there best the region in both education and income, increasing the ATP appeal and importance on the regional stage.'

I am certainly in favor of this having felt for quite sometime that ITP/OTP was somewhat limited.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:44 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post

I have arbitrarily considered Tucker 'Intown' for quite some time.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:32 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
It's been discussed before on the forum, but now ATP is something in Metro Atlanta--just like OTP and ITP.

Read:

Perimeter residents feel
Funny, I had never heard the expression until yesterday (when a friend referred to this article). I have seen posters on CD allude to the difference, though. I think that it's very valid. The 'Perimeter' is a misnomer, really...it's not the Perimeter of anything.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:53 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
The 'Perimeter' is a misnomer, really...it's not the Perimeter of anything.
My Sister became furious with me the other day because at one point in the past I had convinced her that the "Perimeter" was a ring of sensors around Atlanta that transmitted signals that picked up on each vehicle that went into and out of the City. I told her that those who lived outside of this "barrier" were charged by the hour that they spent inside the "ring", and you were automatically billed via transmitter on each vehicle and charged to your credit card. A City use tax, so to speak, for non-city dwellers, and that city dwellers were charged various fees depending on what suburb they spent time in.

She believed it. I think she's probably told about 100 people where she works about Atlanta's "sensor barrier". I finally told her there was no such thing and the Perimater was just a road that really didn't define anything. I can't repeat her reaction to the news, but it's always fun to come up with new ways to define what the Perimeter is to those who aren't from here.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:19 AM

21 posts, read 58,826 times
ROFL AtlantaGreg! Haha. I do love this distinction and feel it's been a long time coming.

Old 10-11-2010, 10:31 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgyeldell View Post

West
Smyrna
Adamsville

What about Vinings? It's technically ITP, but the "Smyrnings" region straddles I-285.

Where is Adamsville?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta