Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:06 AM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,317 times

Advertisements

Now is anyone watching this Falcons game? The Falcons are leading the division and look at how empty the dome is on tv. This is downright PITIFUL. The dome doesnt even look halfway full.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 11:12 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,531,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Now is anyone watching this Falcons game? The Falcons are leading the division and look at how empty the dome is on tv. This is downright PITIFUL. The dome doesnt even look halfway full.
Yeah. That is kind of lame but if they keep the cheapest ticket at $50 I won't be attending any games anytime soon. I thought Blank was making so that us wretched plebes could afford to attend games.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:02 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
Have you guys noticed when the falcons play a not so exciting team no one shows up. but when they play a exciting team the dome is full. Watch when they play the saints here again..

Old 10-24-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Have you guys noticed when the falcons play a not so exciting team no one shows up. but when they play a exciting team the dome is full. Watch when they play the saints here again..
lol the reason for that is because half the people that go to those games do so to see the other team. It was the same way the last time the Cowboys played here. The dome was full and i'd honestly say 55% of the people there had on Cowboys jerseys. Same with the Hawks... no one goes to regular games but when Lebron or Kobe come to town you cant even get a seat. It is what it is.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Right on! The ATL Ego is a very interesting thing, they dont flex it on everyone though. They think they are better than many markets out there. Charlotte is definately tired of the ATL Ego, Houston & Dallas wishes the Atl Ego would ****. In the City vs City forums big Sister Cities like New York & Los Angeles laughs at Atl Ego. I dont get it honestly. When some dislikes something about at Atl, the same 8 people go into attack mode, never really getting a true understanding for where people are coming from. There are trolls of course, but many are not.

Take a look at your post history and bck2dc post history and then ask yourself if you are trolling are not.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
lol the reason for that is because half the people that go to those games do so to see the other team. It was the same way the last time the Cowboys played here. The dome was full and i'd honestly say 55% of the people there had on Cowboys jerseys. Same with the Hawks... no one goes to regular games but when Lebron or Kobe come to town you cant even get a seat. It is what it is.
My pareants live in Florida but there patriots and Laker fans all day.. so what you said is true

Old 10-25-2010, 10:31 AM

13 posts, read 46,575 times
Quote:
Falcon fans are usually late. It was sold out. I was at the game.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:00 PM

Then where were all of the fans... walking around? They certainly werent in the stands and I watched the whole game. As a matter of fact the crowd got even more thin as the game went on. Plus one thing to keep in mind is that scalpers buy up a HUGE portion of those tickets.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:10 PM

13 posts, read 46,575 times
Quote:
Then where were all of the fans... walking around? They certainly werent in the stands and I watched the whole game. As a matter of fact the crowd got even more thin as the game went on. Plus one thing to keep in mind is that scalpers buy up a HUGE portion of those tickets.
I have been to numerous sporting events over the years and even when it's a sell out all seats are never taken at the same time. People are fashionably late (check L.A Lakers, Atlanta Falcons). Some people are in the restroom or buying food. Plus I'm sure a portion of tickets sold are people who just don't show up or leave early. In the case of the Falcons ticket sales are going so well it's getting harder to buy group tickets. That's a sign that people are coming to the Dome to see the team. What you think you see on TV isn't what's going on. You should come out see yourself.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:53 PM

lol ive actually been... twice. They claimed it was a sell out but the dome was as empty as it looked Sunday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta