Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:10 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times

Advertisements

In other local news---

About 2 years ago I was in line at MacDonald's during a busy lunch hour. The woman in front of me made a remark that was interpreted as 'inflammatory' by another female customer. As the first woman attempted to leave the store the 2nd woman attacked her. She was holding her food and had a book bag and couldn't defend herself. The manager intervened and the police were called. No consequences for the woman who attacked.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:20 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
No consequences for the woman who attacked.
Wow, how disappointing. Why no consequences for her?

Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,487,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Wow, how disappointing. Why no consequences for her?

I don't know. She attacked like a banshee and her friend tried to pull her off. I assume the company prefers to avoid negative publicity?

Old 10-26-2010, 12:13 PM

25 posts, read 47,184 times
Quote:
I understand your feelings but that's not the way it works. If you hit back you're doing time. While you may think that's unfair, the law recognizes that men have the option of simply walking away.

Remember, it's not about how it starts, it's about how it ends. The woman may have started it or escalated it. She may have been totally out of line, unjustified and over the top. The man may feel completely disrespected and done wrong.

However, he can always bring it to an end by simply walking away. That's one of the ways he shows his strength and wisdom. Maybe there are exceptions for the rare case when the woman is bigger or stronger, but that's generally not the rule.

That doesn't mean women get a pass for bad behavior, because they are certainly quite capable of it. They need to be held accountable, and taught not to be violent idiots.

The bottom line is, real men don't hit back.

Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals.
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Spoken like a true Gentlemen. The only reason I can think of a man having to hit a women is if it is a matter of life and death. That definitely wasn't the case here.

...and don't for a second think that this Cracker Barrel guy doesn't beat his wife at home. But maybe some of these posters view burning dinner or running late as a beatable offense. Let's start a poll

Old 10-26-2010, 12:19 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
Here are a few things that were mentioned on the news today at noon when I went home for lunch, that may not have been reported or given in more detail in past reports:

1) Apparently there were two eye witnesses that testified at some point who were at the restaurant. Neither were related to or affiliated with either party. Both said that Miss Hill cursed at Mr. West and then spit on him first, and he did/said nothing initially to provoke it. Both said she said to him that she was in the Army, and that she threatened, "she could kill him".

2) Two teens who live in her neighborhood testified apparently with at least one witness that she has threatened to "kill them" for something they did that angered her. In this case she also allegedly did the "I'm in the military and I can kill you", threat to them as well. She is due to face a judge for this at some point in the future.

3) The judge (a black woman) said, "If you had talked to me that way and spit on me like that I'm not sure what I would have done".

4) A number of the jurors approached the Clayton D.A. and told her they would have let Mr. West completely off the hook after seeing all of the evidence of that day and seeing the evidence of Miss Hill's previous run-ins with the law, making threats, etc. They also asked the D.A. why Miss Hill had not been charged with assault for spitting on Mr. West since witnesses confirmed it. This came froma direct interview with the actual D.A. herself on camera.

Anyway - these are new(er) things that came out as of noon today.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:27 PM

11 posts, read 12,536 times
This is really disappointing !

Old 10-26-2010, 01:23 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Here are a few things that were mentioned on the news today at noon when I went home for lunch, that may not have been reported or given in more detail in past reports:

1) Apparently there were two eye witnesses that testified at some point who were at the restaurant. Neither were related to or affiliated with either party. Both said that Miss Hill cursed at Mr. West and then spit on him first, and he did/said nothing initially to provoke it. Both said she said to him that she was in the Army, and that she threatened, "she could kill him".

2) Two teens who live in her neighborhood testified apparently with at least one witness that she has threatened to "kill them" for something they did that angered her. In this case she also allegedly did the "I'm in the military and I can kill you", threat to them as well. She is due to face a judge for this at some point in the future.

3) The judge (a black woman) said, "If you had talked to me that way and spit on me like that I'm not sure what I would have done".

4) A number of the jurors approached the Clayton D.A. and told her they would have let Mr. West completely off the hook after seeing all of the evidence of that day and seeing the evidence of Miss Hill's previous run-ins with the law, making threats, etc. They also asked the D.A. why Miss Hill had not been charged with assault for spitting on Mr. West since witnesses confirmed it. This came froma direct interview with the actual D.A. herself on camera.

Anyway - these are new(er) things that came out as of noon today.

Simple answer to this one. Because it happened in Clayton county!

Old 10-26-2010, 04:15 PM

73 posts, read 109,630 times
Quote:
I understand your feelings but that's not the way it works. If you hit back you're doing time. While you may think that's unfair, the law recognizes that men have the option of simply walking away.

Remember, it's not about how it starts, it's about how it ends. The woman may have started it or escalated it. She may have been totally out of line, unjustified and over the top. The man may feel completely disrespected and done wrong.

However, he can always bring it to an end by simply walking away. That's one of the ways he shows his strength and wisdom. Maybe there are exceptions for the rare case when the woman is bigger or stronger, but that's generally not the rule.

That doesn't mean women get a pass for bad behavior, because they are certainly quite capable of it. They need to be held accountable, and taught not to be violent idiots.

The bottom line is, real men don't hit back.

Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals.
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Says who??

.... Someone needs to put a stop too it.. If they dont, Woman are going to think the can verbal ,and physically abuse a man. They are going to get it in there heads that, hey I can spit, kick, curse, a man and he cant do anything because he is a man and men arent supposed to hit back.. oh please!!!.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:32 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoBillionaire View Post
Says who??

.... Someone needs to put a stop too it.. If they dont, Woman are going to think the can verbal ,and physically abuse a man. They are going to get it in there heads that, hey I can spit, kick, curse, a man and he cant do anything because he is a man and men arent supposed to hit back.. oh please!!!.
Er, did you read what I wrote? "That doesn't mean women get a pass for bad behavior, because they are certainly quite capable of it. They need to be held accountable, and taught not to be violent idiots."

That's hardly the same thing as men whacking on them. There are other ways to hold people accountable for bad conduct and other ways to teach them not to be violent or abusive.

When a man gets down to that level he's giving up his strength and nobility. Instead of setting the standard, he's scrapping like he doesn't know better.

The same thing holds true of powerful women, by the way. You're not going to catch a strong, confident and mature woman scuffling around and spitting on people in some restaurant vestibule.

Folks just need to grow up. And quit acting like spoiled, stupid little brats.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:42 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,841,679 times
Quote:
Er, did you read what I wrote? "That doesn't mean women get a pass for bad behavior, because they are certainly quite capable of it. They need to be held accountable, and taught not to be violent idiots."

That's hardly the same thing as men whacking on them. There are other ways to hold people accountable for bad conduct and other ways to teach them not to be violent or abusive.

When a man gets down to that level he's giving up his strength and nobility. Instead of setting the standard, he's scrapping like he doesn't know better.

The same thing holds true of powerful women, by the way. You're not going to catch a strong, confident and mature woman scuffling around and spitting on people in some restaurant vestibule.

Folks just need to grow up. And quit acting like spoiled, stupid little brats.
This I agree with.. Of course I wouldnt hit a woman unless she spit or hit me with a iron or something lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta