Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 08:21 AM

562 posts, read 1,785,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdiva30 View Post
It really don't take a rocket scientist to figure this out!!!! Certain people get certain kinds of treatment. The judge must feared her life!! I know and everyone else know it right. Lets flip the tables if this was a black man had done this to a "white" lady. Hmmm think about it!! It would still be going on CNN. He would not only still be locked up. He would probably have life in prison or the death penalty. I mean it obviously black people get the least respect when it comes to anything. I'm not a racist and I don't think all white people are. The USA, is just one prejudice country. This was a woman he a man. Why would you put your hands on her? Who were you raised by? You hate them just that much ? (SMH) I will whip my son behind if he ever raise his hand to hit a woman girl what ever, and he is 11. So.......yes he should get more than 6mo. in jail.
I disagree, I dont think it has anything to do with a black or white issue. It came down to other factors...1). she is in the military- she wasnt some helpless lady, we train and pay her to fight! 2). She has prior legal troubles, threatening to kill some of her neighbors, so I dont think she was totally innocent in this case, and the judge took that into consideration.

Last edited by ecuresident; 11-20-2010 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: add

Old 11-20-2010, 03:21 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,200,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowOldGetWise View Post
That's still no excuse to violently beat down a woman. Always use least possible force necesary in these types of situations. Simply swallowing your pride and side-stepping out of the way, or turning right around, is something people have to learn.
I don't condone what the man did, but spitting in the man's face was acceptable? Threatening to kill him is acceptable, if that is what she did?

As far as I've heard, the woman wasn't keeping her children under wraps while waiting to be called at the Cracker Barrel, and the man commented about it. This infuriated the woman, who went ballistic, threatening the man, and she then spit in his face.

Can't you see that she brought much of it on herself?

The six month sentence was also made based on the woman's run-arounds with other people. People testified that she bullies people, and that she does this kind of stuff often. At least, that is what I remember hearing on the news.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:31 PM

2,399 posts, read 4,200,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAB6120 View Post
I doubt the attack was unprovoked, however what the man did was wrong and he deserved a sentence-his anger also showed his hatred. I am a man, and have never hit a woman in my life, but if it's true that she spat in his face, I am not sure how restrained I would be in this situation.
It's unacceptable for ANYONE (not just men against women) to hit another person for any reason. I get tired of the "macho" pro-female brigade always feeling the need to come to the rescue of women, as though they're always innocent, and the man is never justified, even for self defense, with the "you should never hit a woman" argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta