Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2010, 06:52 PM

55 posts, read 114,033 times

Advertisements

I am going to start a new job in Griffin. After looking at rentals in both Stockbridge and McDonough, I have finally settled on a rental in Stockbridge located east of 75 and 675 in Henry County. I spent the day driving around (getting lost etc) to get a feel for the area. I didnt run into anything that made me NOT want to stay here, but I just didnt find much "to do" here. Maybe I just wasnt looking in the right places. I would like to get input on family-friendly activities and possible some private elementary schools in the area that are reputable. I also want to get info on good aftercare sites since my job will keep me at the office as late as 630pm and I wont be able to get to the kids until 7:15 pm four nights a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 08:17 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
There may be some FYI in this thread>>
//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...ockbridge.html

Old 10-25-2010, 07:16 PM

Thanks, I did read the entire thread and did not find anything that was useful since it ended up being a convo debating how "Clayton County-ish" the area has become. I did not see that to be the case. Granted it is not an upscale area, but I was hoping to find some social things for families to do...especially those of us with young kids.

Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 AM

74 posts, read 173,644 times
wow.. I moved to McDonough a couple of months ago because I had a job offer in Griffin. Although, I hate the decision I made I would pick McDonough anyday over Stockbridge. Both are rural areas, but McDonough has WAY more shopping and things to do than Stockbridge.. I'm actually looking to rent my house out or sell it in McDonough. I don't think i can take too much of living in GA.. Going back to Illinois.. good luck to you!! Wish you the best.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:38 PM

Rod Moore, I read your other thread about feeling that McD is not diverse enough for you etc. I felt that way in a few of the suburbs of Chicago as well. I am moving from FL and after living in Fl a number of years, I have become used to the right wingers, and lack of diversity (where I live it is usually "black" or "white"). I personally dont roam around at 2am by myself or bother anyone. I just want a place where people will say hello and I can enjoy myself and kids with other families with kids. I know it sounds simplistic.
Sidenote: I can not believe I spelled the city as "Stick"bridge...maybe because I will be living in the sticks?

Last edited by miles1228; 10-26-2010 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: added more to the msg

Old 10-27-2010, 06:58 AM

32,024 posts, read 36,782,996 times
I actually like Stickbridge better.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:34 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miles1228 View Post
Rod Moore, I read your other thread about feeling that McD is not diverse enough for you etc. I felt that way in a few of the suburbs of Chicago as well. I am moving from FL and after living in Fl a number of years, I have become used to the right wingers, and lack of diversity (where I live it is usually "black" or "white"). I personally dont roam around at 2am by myself or bother anyone. I just want a place where people will say hello and I can enjoy myself and kids with other families with kids. I know it sounds simplistic.
Sidenote: I can not believe I spelled the city as "Stick"bridge...maybe because I will be living in the sticks?
Stockbridge is FAR from the sticks, it is more urban in its demographics and especially its schools which are majority black to anything resembling a rural area.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:34 PM

After being here for almost 3 months I feel like Stockbridge is a bit of a no mans land. The complex I am currently residing in, there is a lot of activity as people go to work in the morning, then it is quiet until after 6pm when everyone comes home. I hear kids playing outside, but nothing bad. Yes, lots of minorities here. But nothing that makes me feel unsafe. I wouldnt say it is in the "sticks" or rural, but I will say there is a lack of culture, arts etc. I think people go to ATL for all of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta