Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 03:33 PM

281 posts, read 614,872 times

Advertisements

The more I hear the less sorry I feel for her. Apparently she almost killed someone running a red light on that same ice cream trip. Then you throw in the marijuana and all the previous speeding violations and it seems she was a accident waiting to happen. Too bad it wasn't a single-car accident with her being killed instead of those innocent kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 04:39 PM

282 posts, read 632,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
What a creative spin on the situation. I stand by my original statement that was deleted.

She and her Mom showed absolutely NO remorse, and attempted to cover up the entire crime. Again, these type of people that obviously have no soul OR understanding between right and wrong are one of THE primary reasons society is the way it is today. Deal with it.

It's my opinion, and I am not alone.
Major cities across america are filled with these types of people. No Remorse For anything they do. And these are two women at that, women...youd kind of expect this sort of evil from men, but this story is cold....Then people start bringing God Into it...people always want to run to God after a dumb mistake, But there was no God when she hit that Blunt, there was no God when she caused the wreck, there was no God when she left the scene watching a car burn in her rearview, there was no God when the mom paid a bodywork guy to repair the car, knowing the same car had killed 5 people and then had the nerve to park the same car infront of their house. That is our society. That is who we are as human beings. This is how we treat one another in this country. People saying only God CAN judge NOPE, We all CAN judge!! And Im judging harshly. Forget throwing stones, drop a bounder on these two & crush them underneath.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:52 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,282,240 times
So many comments on here. I wonder if the guy Cody Rhoden who killed the limo driver Mark Anthony Gay & his 3 family members in the March 2008 hit-and-run inspired this much anguish?

That being said, this situation involving the family killed by Aimee Michael is a tragedy nonetheless. My prayers go out to the victims.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:06 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,516,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
So many comments on here. I wonder if the guy Cody Rhoden who killed the limo driver Mark Anthony Gay & his 3 family members in the March 2008 hit-and-run inspired this much anguish?
Yeah, there was enormous outrage over that case.

Rhoden fled the scene but at least turned himself in the next day. He later plead guilty and was sentenced to 40 years.

One thing I wondered about is whether Aimee Michael remained free on bond while her case was pending. Rhoden was locked up the entire 2 1/2 years that his case was pending. If Michael remained free, why the difference?

Such tragedies.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:17 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,657,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post

That being said, this situation involving the family killed by Aimee Michael is a tragedy nonetheless. My prayers go out to the victims.
Rhoden did not go to trial. He remained in jail for almost 2 years and plead guilty and got 40 years.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:21 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,657,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Yeah, there was enormous outrage over that case.

Rhoden fled the scene but at least turned himself in the next day. He later plead guilty and was sentenced to 40 years.

One thing I wondered about is whether Aimee Michael remained free on bond while her case was pending. Rhoden was locked up the entire 2 1/2 years that his case was pending. If Michael remained free, why the difference?

Such tragedies.

Because one was in Gwinnett County and the other in Fulton. Fulton usually gives much lower bail than Gwinnett, Cobb or Douglas. If you murder somebody in Gwinett, you are going to have to post a minimum of a million dollars. In Fulton, it is usually between $50,000 and $100,000 and since you only need 10% in cash, it is easier to get out. Most people can come up with $5000 but $100,000 is harder.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:07 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,911,597 times
Of course they are appealing...

They should accept things as they are and be done with it. Wasn't the accident in Clayton County, not Fulton? I am not familiar with the area but just wondering...

Easter crash trial | Aimee Michael to appeal conviction *| ajc.com

Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,666,018 times
Quote:
I wonder if the guy Cody Rhoden who killed the limo driver Mark Anthony Gay & his 3 family members in the March 2008 hit-and-run inspired this much anguish?
They weren't his family members. He was the driver. The 3 killed were family members. Son, daughter and grandson with their father critical injured with brain injuries. Unlike this young lady, he accepted responsibility on the day of the start of his trail.

No, its South Fulton County.

Last edited by PKCorey; 11-05-2010 at 09:17 PM..

Old 11-05-2010, 10:06 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,516,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
According to Pennsylvania records, the 24-year-old liked to drive fast -- too fast -- before she moved here after graduating with a degree in psychology in 2008.

On Feb. 2, 2007, she was stopped ...going 75 mph in a 65 mph zone.

...Just a week later, on Feb. 9, 2007, she was pulled over for doing 89 in a 65 zone in Columbia County, Pa.

... on March 31, 2007, she was cited again for speeding, this time traveling 86 mph in a 65 zone.

...on Sept. 4, 2006, for traveling 75 mph in a 65 mph zone in Bedford County, Pa.

...on April 17, 2008, by University of Pittsburgh police for failing to obey a stop sign.
Wow. This is what they would call in the old days a scofflaw. Someone who habitually flouts the law, and thinks the rules that everyone else follows don't apply to them. In other words, "It doesn't matter how many times you pull me over or give me tickets, I''ll still drive as fast as I want, any time I want, and too bad if it endangers others."

For most young people, even one ticket like that would get you grounded, not the keys to a $75,000 BMW. Someone who racks up five separate moving violations in less than 18 months obviously considers themselves above the law.

So it's hardly surprising she blew off the wreck that left five people dead.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:22 AM

314 posts, read 636,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
She would have gotten charged with a misdemeanor, her license would have been suspended, and she may have spent a few years in jail for reckless driving or driving under the influence if the weed was indeed a factor.

THIS is the part that's got me conflicted. We're essentially saying that she's getting 30-34 years in jail and 5-10 years of probation tacked on JUST for leaving the scene.

I'm not sure leaving the scene of an accident is commensurate with 30+ years of jailtime.

Not to mention the fact that this burden now falls on the taxpayers for the next 50 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta