Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,763 times

Advertisements

Man im on my 15 min break at work, the place is just depressed. Georgia has another good ole boy in charge, I think management plans to start cutting hours to prepare for what Deal my do. I wonder if its this depressing across the rest of states. There are no statewide democrats elected. Gay people can forget about those marriage plans. Thats a wrap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I am more disappointed in the folks who turned out in droves to elect President Obama but didn't show up to vote yesterday. My conservative co-workers kept insisting that the 2008 election was just a flash-in-the-pan popularity contest. I told them that they were wrong and that there were real concrete issues that the voters had in mind when they turned the lever for President Obama.

Now? Now...I'm gonna eat those words. They may just as well be right. That's okay though. I'm gonna "do me" and live my life in the best way possible. I'll try to help anyone as best as I can...if they ask for it.

Otherwise? Sink or swim, baby, sink or swim. "No complaining if y'all didn't vote" is my new motto.
I agree. People didnt vote, They let this happen by not getting involved like they did in 2008, 2012 we may have a new president altogether. Rich get richer, poor gets poorer. Its the Reagan years all over again.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:31 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I agree. People didnt vote, They let this happen by not getting involved like they did in 2008, 2012 we may have a new president altogether. Rich get richer, poor gets poorer. Its the Reagan years all over again.
Even in 08 when Democrats had record turn out this state still went for the Republicans! So in a year in which the Democrats were running scared you are just shocked that Republicans won a Republican state. Shocking indeed!

Old 11-03-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnea3 View Post
Georgia was the last state admitted to back to the Union. This is not, never has been a stat of an enlightened populace. Nathan Deal is the government most GA people deserve.
This is interesting. Georgia HAS Atlanta, the other bubba states dont have an Atlanta, Charlotte & Nashville maybe, but Miss, Alabama, Louisana nothing there. I guess Georgia will never be as modern as Florida, New York, Cali or Texas

Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.MJ View Post
I agree...this is sad to say, but so many people are just too down right ignorant. There are too many people out here walking around thinking that the president doesn't need support from the house and senate to get things done. Just watch, those losers will be the main ones complaining.

I understand this is a red state, but all over, almost every open position is filled by a conservative. It just seems like people saw the ballot and picked everyone republican. I pray Nathan Deal and Johnny Isakson will look out for the working class but Isakson is already talking about tax breaks for the rich. smh....

All those hip hop songs about voting for Barack and they couldn't even show up and show out during the mid term elections? I am too threw with ignorant ass people! Some people need to go back to american government class!
Co Sign Co Sign Co Sign! When I went to vote there was no line, no wait, there was about 11 ballot boxes wide open, I live in one of Atlantas black areas in South fulton. They stayed home yesterday...but when their money gets messed, first thing they going to say is Obama messed up. HBCUs its a wrap, working class its a wrap, homosexuals its a wrap, Boss Hogg is our new governor. We did this to us.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:55 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
WARNING WARNING WARNING

Ok, a couple of people in here are taking pot-shots at each other and at groups of people, and there has been a trollish comment or two made for the sake of stirring things up. That stops now. Stick to the topic - ONLY the topic and stop bickering, poking, and prodding.

Thank you.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:01 AM

Bad times about to get worse. Luckily I have a very strict budget, so hopefully the diaster that happened last night wont effect my money too much. Not sure what my job will do to some or all of us at work. I guess this is an extended learning experience. My parent are from third world countries so in a way Im mentally prepared for this modern day plague.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
No surprise here, except that there's no runoff (Thank God).

THANK YOU JESUS!

Quote:
GA gubernatorial election, as usual, is characterized by an excess of vitriol and a dearth of ideas.

WE'VE BEEN IN WORSE SHAPE:
We had a long line of racists and bigots -- Lester Maddox, the Talmadges. Then came the era of token governors, men so lacking in personality that they were merely lap dogs for House Speaker Tom Murphy. Anybody remember Joe Frank Harris? Didn't think so.

And don't forget the infamous "Three Governors" controversy of 1946-47, when three different men all claimed rights to the office and refused to vacate the capitol building.

New Georgia Encyclopedia: Three Governors Controversy

Quote:
Love this state, hate its' government.
I have never heard anyone express love or even mere admiration for their state government, no matter what state it be. Maybe Alaska, because they pay you to live there?

Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 AM

I voted, I did my part, just wish the rest of the working class would have done the same. Hey life goes on I guess, More poor people leads to more crime, I think I have enough to purchase a firearm to protect myself from the newer criminals that will be born out of this election.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,530,789 times
The polls were disturbingly empty where I was.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta