Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 03:43 PM

7 posts, read 26,972 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend and I are really thinking of moving to Jonesboro from NY. I read alot about the good and bad but what do u guys think about Jonesboro?? We are coming with a couple months rent. We found a place but looking 4 jobs. Hard to schedule a job interview from NY.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 04:59 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,357,586 times
Dont come with out a job....period point blank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Crime on the southside is really bad and in Jonesboro and the surroundings is no exception. take a look at fox5 atlanta ifyou dont believe me.......please do you research and do it well when moving from one place to another see things for yourself because one persons perception maynot be your own. Good luck!!

Old 08-18-2009, 06:11 PM

986 posts, read 1,665,774 times
If you can afford to live somewhere else, I wouldn't move to Jonesboro - and this is from someone who currently lives there.

What are you looking for in a prospective neighborhood?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:50 PM

looking 4 a quiet neighborhood. Low crime good places to eat. I say about 45 min from atlanta. My school is located in atlanta.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:21 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,787,663 times
There are better options,but its not as bad all over as some folks suggest.Especially if you have kids.The school system is suffering.You you must choose Clayton County and you want the best in that county,try somewhere in Rex(near Stagecoach Rd),Mount Zion Area,Ellenwood Rd,(close to I-675).Lovejoy or Lake Spivey area.The latter is upscale with low crime.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:30 PM

Default one more question

I hear to come unless you have months of rent because the job market is bad. Truly GOOD advice. My question is How do I look from NY for jobs in Atlanta. I mean I know hotjobs, craigslist.etc.........I sent my resume out to alot of places, but if they want an interview in 2 days I'm screwed. So my thing was to come with a couple months rent and just go job hunt crazy before my money runs out. Its so EXPENSIVE in Ny to live its crazy. 2 bedroom one bath 1500 not including utilities and that can be a basement! So im just confused..................please some advice

Old 08-19-2009, 06:28 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,787,663 times
Maybe you should try a company that has opening in Atlanta based in NYC?But most places will rent to you with just the first and last months rent.Sometime if credit is good they will ask for less.I will also try private owner places to rent.They have less criteria for renting.You can live in a nice area for $1000 a month in Atlanta very easily.It will be modern and spacious too.However you will make less money here too.Overall it is still cheaper.Try AjC Jobs Online(the newspaper).You should also try a staffing agency.What kind of work are you looking for?

Old 08-21-2009, 08:13 AM

I'm in the Health Field. Working in psychiatric hospitals

Old 09-24-2009, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 4,785 times
Hi Kev, I am looking at purchasing a rental home in Joneboro (Clayton county) that is a 3bd/2bath ready for move-in. I would be looking for around $750/month if you sign a 12 month lease. Let me know if you are interested. Also, have you looked into Kaiser Permanente in Atlanta? I work for them in Colorado and I know that they are in that area. Go to Kp.org and job search. You may also just go to a retail place, like GAP, Banana Republic, Macy's so that you can interview in NY and move to GA and at least have some job when you get there.

Read more: [URL="//www.city-data.com/forum/atlanta/737852-moving-jonesboro.html#ixzz0S3oXYUIm"]//www.city-data.com/forum/atlanta/737852-moving-jonesboro.html#ixzz0S3oXYUIm[/URL]

Old 09-25-2009, 08:50 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,643,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Kev View Post
My girlfriend and I are really thinking of moving to Jonesboro from NY. I read alot about the good and bad but what do u guys think about Jonesboro?? We are coming with a couple months rent. We found a place but looking 4 jobs. Hard to schedule a job interview from NY.

Kev, try looking at NCR. The company is relocating here here from Ohio. They have many jobs that they are hiring for now. The website is www.ncr.com. Also, you may want to look for a place in Duluth. It is just a suggestion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta