Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 12:55 AM

11 posts, read 18,934 times

Advertisements

I graduated from Norcross High School in 2008. It's a truly great school, and the IB Program was a great resource, not available in the rest of the county. I didn't go to Pickneyville or Simpson, but I always heard great things about them from friends that went there, and Pickneyville has the Middle Years Program that ties into Norcross' IB Program. I felt like my educational experience was superb, and the fine arts programs were well funded and just great. I never felt unsafe at the school, either, and I didn't really see very many fights or anything.

The Chattahoochee National Recreation Area is nearby, which offers good opportunities for outdoor activities. Jones Bridge Park is also really nice.

There's also plenty of good restaurants to eat at, and a decent variety of places to shop, as well as amenities.

It seemed like there were a lot of pretty well educated people in Peachtree Corners. I assume that's because of the Technology Parkway area, where there are a lot of engineering firms and things like that.

As far as neighborhoods go, Neely Farm and Amberfield both seem really nice, though I like Neely Farm more because it's so close to the river.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 10:33 AM

5 posts, read 26,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasori1122 View Post
I graduated from Norcross High School in 2008. It's a truly great school, and the IB Program was a great resource, not available in the rest of the county. I didn't go to Pickneyville or Simpson, but I always heard great things about them from friends that went there, and Pickneyville has the Middle Years Program that ties into Norcross' IB Program. I felt like my educational experience was superb, and the fine arts programs were well funded and just great. I never felt unsafe at the school, either, and I didn't really see very many fights or anything.

The Chattahoochee National Recreation Area is nearby, which offers good opportunities for outdoor activities. Jones Bridge Park is also really nice.

There's also plenty of good restaurants to eat at, and a decent variety of places to shop, as well as amenities.

It seemed like there were a lot of pretty well educated people in Peachtree Corners. I assume that's because of the Technology Parkway area, where there are a lot of engineering firms and things like that.

As far as neighborhoods go, Neely Farm and Amberfield both seem really nice, though I like Neely Farm more because it's so close to the river.

I really appreciate your input as well, as it is great to hear from someone who attended Norcross High recently. Neely Farm sounds like a wonderful neighborhood, but I would really want to be zoned in to the Simpson/Pinckneyville district. Do you know if Amberfield is?

Old 11-08-2010, 11:55 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,106,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapOfFaith11 View Post
I really appreciate your input as well, as it is great to hear from someone who attended Norcross High recently. Neely Farm sounds like a wonderful neighborhood, but I would really want to be zoned in to the Simpson/Pinckneyville district. Do you know if Amberfield is?
Amberfield is zoned for Simpson and Neely Farm is zoned for Peachtree Elementary. Both schools feed into Pinckneyville.

Amberfield also has two sister neighborhoods - Linfield and Riverfield. Theres also Revington. These are all 1990s developments. You could probably get a big center-hall colonial home from the 80s for a little less money in River Station and Peachtree Station. All are Simpson.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:24 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,643,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
It's an overall great area, with everything you are seeking. Very handy to the city, in a largely pleasant (yet busy) area of the metro.

I have personally only heard positives re: the schools you mentioned, but I'll defer to someone more knowledgable on the specifics. The closest hospitals would probably be a 30-40 minute commute from that area.

Good luck.

Actually, the closest hospital is Gwinnett Medical Center (http://www.gwinnettmedicalcenter.org/) in Duluth off of Pleasant Hill Road which is about a 10 minute drive from Peachtree Corners.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:16 PM

2 posts, read 3,592 times
Leap, are you still interested in Peachtree Corners? I might have a rental home for you.

Old 11-28-2010, 05:11 PM

5 posts, read 26,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPeach4444 View Post
Leap, are you still interested in Peachtree Corners? I might have a rental home for you.
I sent you a PM.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:04 AM

2 posts, read 3,592 times
Default Your PM

Sorry. Did not receive the PM. Are you still interested in Peachtree Corners?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta