Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 08:13 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,497,552 times

Advertisements

Very well done, a record amount was raised. Not bad considering the "recession". Things were upbeat in regards to the city.

A lot is getting done, love it or hate it, similar to the president's agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 11:05 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,094,213 times
I saw the pictures from the event online. The Mayor is so inclusive and runs with such a diverse crowd! The invitees represented the city quite accurately...

Gallery | UNCF Mayor's Masked Ball | accessatlanta.com

Old 12-23-2010, 10:45 AM

426 posts, read 2,316,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
I saw the pictures from the event online. The Mayor is so inclusive and runs with such a diverse crowd! The invitees represented the city quite accurately...

LOL, perhaps you don't know what UNCF stands for...

Old 12-23-2010, 11:47 AM

31,993 posts, read 36,521,236 times
Quote:

There are many other individuals, corporations and foundations who donate very generously to the UNCF, whether they go the parties or not. You can't determine the diversity of donors by looking at these photos.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:19 PM

8,468 posts, read 14,904,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvincent View Post
LOL, perhaps you don't know what UNCF stands for...
Thanks for stealing me thunder...not!

Old 12-23-2010, 12:20 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,094,213 times
I know what it stands for, and it's foolish to think that only black people donate to it.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:57 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,524,110 times
Quote:

Thank you for sharing. Very Interesting.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:05 PM

426 posts, read 2,316,711 times
Quote:
I know what it stands for, and it's foolish to think that only black people donate to it.
^^This was my point.

Pretending to be ignorant as to the reason so many in those pictures were black but now you suddenly see the light. If you would like to criticize a person do so with facts. Obviously one does not have to be black to donate to the UNCF. And I was not in any way suggesting that people of different races take no interest in the program. But obviously at an event to benefit this scholorship program the majority in attendence would be black, I am sure it was not 100% black. I should have elaborated.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:05 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,521,236 times
Quote:
In BringBackCobain's defense he's right. I think the biggest donor ever was an old white guy, Walter Annenberg, who laid $50 million on them. And of course UNCF gets donations from all over the place. Their Atlanta party may have been blacks only but that certainly isn't their only source of funding.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:35 PM

66 posts, read 182,391 times
Quote:

I don't understand why this person and his/her thinly-veiled agenda is continually allowed to turn every subject into a debate on race. If everyone viewing this thread (including this person) is aware that UNCF donors come from all backgrounds, why is there a need for a comment like the one quoted? It's becoming disgusting.

I'm sure that if the Geico gecko pulled out his wallet and wanted to donate he wouldn't be turned away, so what makes this person think that any individual that " accurately represents the city" would be turned away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta