Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:34 PM

16,700 posts, read 29,521,595 times

Advertisements

The Walking Dead - AMC Series - Official Site - AMC

Shot/Set in Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 09:50 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,770,863 times
Awesome... that should fulfill most filmmakers desire for an apocalyptic zombie movie/show! Hopefully, this can lead to more Atlanta based dramas and serious movies.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:07 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,364,203 times
I have to say that after two episodes of Walking Dead, I'm hooked. It can be pretty graphic, though.

As far as all sorts of production, it seems that we are on fire now:
Ready for our close-up: Hollywood comes to Atlanta | Movies & TV | Creative Loafing Atlanta

Old 11-07-2010, 10:19 PM

16,700 posts, read 29,521,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
I have to say that after two episodes of Walking Dead, I'm hooked. It can be pretty graphic, though.

As far as all sorts of production, it seems that we are on fire now:
Ready for our close-up: Hollywood comes to Atlanta | Movies & TV | Creative Loafing Atlanta

This is why I think the Lakewood Area should be re-made/re-formed into a "Hollywood South."

Lakewood

-Make a few more artificial lakes/ponds to really back up the Lakewood name.

-The Lakewood Heights village area would become a hot spot for trendy/chic bars, cafes, club, lounges, etc.

-Sets, soundstages, etc. everywhere!.

-The area/surrounding area would become a district with unifying themes, landscaping, and streetscapes, etc.

-A new amphitheatre would be built..."The Lakewood Shell"

-A trolley/streetcar through the district--with connections to Downtown, etc.

-and more...

Last edited by aries4118; 11-07-2010 at 11:13 PM..

Old 11-07-2010, 10:34 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,364,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
This is why I think the Lakewood Area should be re-made/re-formed into a "Hollywood South."

Lakewood

-Make a few more artificial lakes/ponds to really back up the Lakewood name.

-The Lakewood Heights village area would become the hot spot for trendy/chic bars, cafes, club, lounges, etc.

-Sets, soundstages, etc. everywhere!.

-The area/surrounding area would become a district with unifying themes, landscaping, and streetscapes, etc.

-A new amphitheatre would be built..."The Lakewood Shell"

-A trolley/streetcar through the district--with connections to Downtown, etc.

-and more...
Love all of these suggestions!

Old 11-08-2010, 05:24 AM

461 posts, read 1,068,884 times
It was a bit slow to start but I'm hooked too. Makes you think about where in Atlanta to go in case of Zombie Apocalypse.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:27 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,083,751 times
It hasn't really done anything for Atlanta so far except make the downtown look pretty homely.
I love the repeated shot of the abandoned cars backed up on Freedom Parkway outside of downtown.
Apparently traffic is still a problem here post-Apocalypse.
Seriously, with Gale Anne Hurd producing and Frank Darabont directing, this series can only get better and better.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:55 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,897 times
The best thing to happen for Atlanta in a long time. And to think, I high budget Zombie show with a PLOT! That instead of 1980's music with bad make up running around screaming "Brains! Brains"

I did get a kick out of episode 1 when they said "Don't go into Atlanta! Stay away from the City!" As Lovin' stated about traffic, I guess the overall opinion does not change about the city even in a post world.

Just kidding!

Old 11-08-2010, 07:15 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
This show is great, never been a true horror TV series like this. All the shots of downtown make the show even more watchable.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:40 AM

504 posts, read 1,545,642 times
Yeah, it was cool seeing different parts of the city on film. I could pick out which parts were filmed in and near Grant Park. I also know some people that actually live on Mitchell Street too. So it's pretty funny to see a tank and a bunch of zombies on that street. Incidentally a funny story about the filming. My friend would walk her dogs everyday and the cast of zombies would be hanging around in the street between filming. The dogs didn't react in the least bit that these people looked all mangled and bloody. Anyway, funny to hear about zombies playing with dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta