Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 08:27 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Biggest mansion in Georgia is in Fayetteville:
794 Evander Holyfield Hwy, Fayetteville, GA 30214 (MLS# 7079711) - Fayetteville GA Real Estate - ColdwellBankerAtlanta.com

45,000 sq ft, 350,000 gallon pool on 104 acres for 8.2mm!
That's Evander Holyfield's foreclosed-on mansion! LOL!

Something tells me that with the movie studios coming to town it won't be on the market for long. Some huge box-office star is gonna see that thing and think "What a bargain!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 03:42 PM

17,307 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
That's Evander Holyfield's foreclosed-on mansion! LOL!

Something tells me that with the movie studios coming to town it won't be on the market for long. Some huge box-office star is gonna see that thing and think "What a bargain!"

I read somewhere that place cost him 1mm a year to maintain, that would be the downfall of such a huge house. The MLM guy's foreclosure in Cumming, GA sold ("Le Reve") for 11mm despite being on the market for 50mm at one time. Le Reve was similar in size and had a 18 hole golf course on the property.

Rapper 50 Cent bought Mike Tyson's Connecticut mansion for 4-5mm and now can't unload it at any price and it is 40K+ sq ft.

I think the move on Holyfield's house is to take 75-80 acres and make it a subdivision. Even just getting 50K each for 1/2 acre lots is 7.5mm (no profit on the actual construction which could easily double the 50K number). Then keep the mansion and use it as a high end rental, a wedding/special event hall type place. Even getting it rented 40 times a year at 25K each is 1mm which would cover the maintenance. Let charities use it a few times for the tax write off and you might be able to make some money with that place. You might have to spend 1-2mm furnishing/updating/refreshing the place and the key there is not to get carried away and going broke in the process. Most of these lavish estates have to go the way of commerce and not just a grand residence due to the massive upkeep/overhead of running them.

You could have fun though living there for a year or so getting the place ready for the next phase! Fill the pool with strippers! Join match.com and have a picture of the house on your profile and see how many "prospecting" women show up with shovels!

Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,611 times
To Whom It May Concern:
I am also considering a move to Atlanta, GA. I have completed months of research specifically detailing the area suburbs. My top five results included Fayetteville(3) and Lilburn (1). I am a professional (2 Master Degrees), am above the age of 40, am family oriented, am from a 95% white area and am a conservative republican raised within private and high-ranking Catholic school systems. Hopefully; this gives you an idea to which types of areas/neighborhoods that I would most likely seek based upon my socio-cultural background. And; Fayetteville and Lilburn were very high ranking based upon my researched combined with several real estate agencies! In all honesty I do; in fact, prefer very diverse -inclusive of any and all Europeans- areas. It is my professional belief that one should simply consider "crime" "schools" "medical" "home prices" "weather" "cost of living" as major factors in their relocation. In this day and age any individual that considers "racial demographics" is simply a SUBCONSCIOUS or CONSCIOUS RACIST. Newsboy is correct in his analysis of these postings; if a person is educated enough and wealthy enough to afford the same luxuries/locations as yourself.....how and why would the amount of pigmentation in their blood change the dynamics of your neighborhood (rhetorical question)? Crimes and problematic neighborhoods have deep correlations to "poverty" and not "ethnicity". Because of the very racism which established most ethnics on the poverty level - rendering an INDIRECT correlation to ethnics with crime - you are all having this conversation. This is the dramatic irony of your conversation and your original questions - 'white flight'. It is nothing more than a devil's circle bringing whites round and round....until there is no where for whites to go. The original question posed to the forum was a "covert" racism. The real question being camouflaged under family values, crime and other niceties was simply "Where do all the white people live?" LOL..LOL All in all, who cares where they live. Do your research and buy a home in a place that's best for you and your family based upon the normal parameters! End of game; not difficult to do. In the end; whites (subconscious racist and conscious racists) will be forced to deal with the very hatred that they so conveniently and covertly hide under false pretense such as "the neighborhood is going downhill" and "what is a good neighborhood to live" or "i want the best schools". These are easily found answers via internet and/or real estate agencies. My 9 year old nephew could research these parameters. This trick doesn't even work on children nowadays. lmbo^^ BASICALLY; THE QUESTION ITSELF WAS NOTHING MORE THAN RACIST ACT....which is why it generated racist response. ....ignore them all, Newsboy....there's a condo on the Moon for them to relocate! lol..lol..lol

Old 12-21-2013, 09:26 AM

3 posts, read 8,495 times
I see there haven't been any posts for a while but just wanted to comment on restaurants in Fayetteville. Since the last post many new restaurants have opened here. Lots of variety and choice. We have Pinewood Studios coming to Fayetteville soon so business is going to be booming and I have noticed house prices rising. I am still here and LOVE it.

Old 03-06-2014, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,165 times
I'm relocating back to Georgia after ten years. I am looking to move to the North part of Fayetteville in the Kenwood and Lee Mills neighborhood. I have three kids 10, 13, 17 so great schools are important along with diversity. Can anyone tell me what the neighborhood is like as for diversity and crime. Also, what shopping is there to do there? I've heard that Fayette County has great schools but was also was told that the school zone I would be in isn't so great. So, I would like to hear what others have to say about the area.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:09 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintonR View Post
I'm relocating back to Georgia after ten years. I am looking to move to the North part of Fayetteville in the Kenwood and Lee Mills neighborhood. I have three kids 10, 13, 17 so great schools are important along with diversity. Can anyone tell me what the neighborhood is like as for diversity and crime. Also, what shopping is there to do there? I've heard that Fayette County has great schools but was also was told that the school zone I would be in isn't so great. So, I would like to hear what others have to say about the area.
There are no bad schools in Fayette County. Kenwood and Lees Mill are in the Sandy Creek HS zone, which gets 5 stars and is ranked 31st best high school in Georgia (of 367) by Schooldigger.com. That area of Fayette County is very diverse. It is also very close to the Fayette Pavilion in Fayetteville, which is the single largest retail shopping complex in the entire state.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:09 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,100,546 times
This whole debate about white flight is interesting, but here's the kicker. When people complain about the % of "minorities" greatly increasing in their town or neighborhood, are they talking about "Section 8 voucher" recipients or middle class people like them who just happen to have a different skin color? If they have a bunch of people who are actually ghetto moving in, then I dont blame them for being concerned and I'm black myself. However, if most of these newcomers are middle class, dont cause problems, keep their property up, etc. and people are over exaggerating about how "ghetto" or "bad" the place is becoming, then that's wrong. So which is the case in Fayetteville?

It's not always a racial, White Vs. Black or White Vs. Minority issue either. My neighborhood in Macon which happens to be directly on the Jones County line is where most of the more "well off" blacks stay. Most of the neighborhood is older, middle class blacks. In recent years, there are certain streets that have seen a slight increase in the amount of people moving in that like to invite a million loud people over, drink, and party all night. Most people wonder how they got out here and want them gone. These are black people talking about black people, so it's not always racial but at times it can be. Interesting.

Last edited by Southern Soul Bro; 04-09-2014 at 03:18 AM..

Old 10-22-2014, 04:05 AM

4 posts, read 7,809 times
After reading all of the postings ...some have been very informative. My family are relocating from the north to the south and we are a mixed couple. We are just looking for a friendly area to live without so much hoopla. The very beginning of this post had me thinking about not moving to fayetteville. Luckily I kept reading and by the end I felt much better about our decision. Ghetto can and will not move into an area where it cannot afford to live..ghetto does not just refer to an all black area either it can encompass all races with that negative image. We should be in fayetteville by the new year and considering the area we have been looking in ...I do not forsee that this is a bad area at all. If neighbors come together and work together what difference does ones color make. As far the comments that black people are still angry at white people for slavery that is your own insecurity .... stop watching reality tv believe it or not its not real....yeesh

Old 10-22-2014, 10:43 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilymo View Post
As far the comments that black people are still angry at white people for slavery that is your own insecurity .... stop watching reality tv believe it or not its not real....yeesh
Fayetteville is my home town and I am glad people like you are moving there. A lot of ignorant people out there get race and income mixed up. Fayette County has a growing black population and it mostly seems to be upper middle class folks. Thankfully, the county has land use plan that limit multi-family housing and dictate large lots outside of city limits, which basically ensures high land values. Therefore, not so much "ghetto" in Fayette County.

Everyone seems to get along, but occasionally there are some idiots who seem threatened by dark skin tones. But i guess you will get that anywhere.

Welcome!

Old 02-22-2015, 11:59 PM

4 posts, read 7,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Fayetteville is my home town and I am glad people like you are moving there. A lot of ignorant people out there get race and income mixed up. Fayette County has a growing black population and it mostly seems to be upper middle class folks. Thankfully, the county has land use plan that limit multi-family housing and dictate large lots outside of city limits, which basically ensures high land values. Therefore, not so much "ghetto" in Fayette County.

Everyone seems to get along, but occasionally there are some idiots who seem threatened by dark skin tones. But i guess you will get that anywhere.

Welcome!
Thank you for the welcome..!!! We moved to Fayetteville in mid January and have loved every minute of it. I have yet to find this "ghetto" that some were discussing. What I have found is very nice PEOPLE (white, black, green and yellow). Maybe be xxx Asus its still winter and the thugs are on winter hiatus. I have shopped every inch of the Pavilion and surrounding areas. Ive been to PTC, Fairburn etc. and have been treated just fine. So if your reading this news feed please do not be discouraged by the negativity I almost was. Fayetteville is a lovely city full of things to discover and friendly people. If your racist and want to keep to yourself by all means do so who cares. If you like getting out and meeting folks getting to know your city then this is the place for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta