Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 04:44 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,128 times

Advertisements

I happen to think birmingham is okay.. I dont think many people from Atlanta even worry about that city but I do know alot of people from Birmingham stay coming to Atlanta on the weekends
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 07:02 PM

41 posts, read 99,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowantribal View Post
LOL! for someone who's always hating on Atlanta and the people who chose to move here from NYC for whatever their reasons are, the least MzMichelleNYC can do is spell QUEENS correctly instead of focusing on being such an instigator on the Atlanta forum. LOL!
Stop STALKING me woman or man whatever the h--- you are before I report. you aint got nothing else to do but f--- me. Get a damn life.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:10 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,707,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMichelleNYC View Post
Stop STALKING me woman or man whatever the h--- you are before I report. you aint got nothing else to do but f--- me. Get a damn life.
Ignorant New Yorker, qeens...lol

Old 11-29-2010, 08:58 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,402,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Aficionado View Post

Look dude I live here too, why are you putting Atlanta out there like this. Do me a favor buddy, call me when you see the same random home invasions, car thefts, and car jackings that occur here all the damn time in Birmingham. Atlanta is a major city with major city-type crime to match; the types of crimes that occur here are in a totally different stratosphere than over there. Remember a few months ago when those gay students were forced into the trunk of their own car at that gas station but managed to use their cell phone to advise the Policia of their whereabouts?! Now ask a Birminghamian when was the last time anything like that happened. You are about as crazy as you wanna-be!

I didn't ask if it "can be" I asked if it was, and the answer is HELL NO! There isn't a single area of Birmingham that outshines the ghetto's that can be found right here buddy.
You act as if Birmingham is New Orleans or something. As far as I'm concerned, they break even as I haven't seen anything worse over there than here or vice versa. Just because your stint in Birmingham was confined to the ghetto doesn't mean the entire city should be blamed for your hood-life woes. Get over it!

I agree with this statement.

LMAO... so Ensley, Fairfield, Bessemer and West End dont have areas that compare to the hoods of Atlanta???? Are you serious right now? lol... tell that to someone that didnt live there. If Bham is so NOT a crime filled city I find it terribly ironic that they manage to make pretty much every most dangerous list WAY ahead of Atlanta. Atlanta is going to have MORE incidents OBVIOUSLY because the population is SO MUCH MORE than Birmingham. Percentage wise? Not even close.. and this is why you see Birmingham in the top 5 most dangerous cities.

You act like we dont ALL see Birmingham on the first 48 on A&E every week. You're sitting here trying to act like all of the crime is in one little area when its NOT. Remember when the guy was interrupted robbing a house by two police officers... shot one and killed the other? I dont know why youre putting on but it doesnt fly with me because I know better. I lived there for a year and my sister lived there for 5. I guess all the folks that were riding in the "stop the violence" vehicles and wearing the shirts sporting the same message in the magic city classic parade THIS year all live in the same neighborhood.

And THEN you try to claim all the crime is in isolated areas, as if it isnt pretty much the same way in Atlanta. Oh or what about someone shooting at the bus with the football team on it? Even with the huge difference in size Atlanta only had 23 more murders than Bham in 2008.
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Now with damn near HALF the population youre going to sit here and tell me the numbers arent WAY too high for a city the size of Birmingham? lol.. im done with this thread this dude is delusional.

Last edited by Yac; 01-03-2011 at 07:19 AM..

Old 11-29-2010, 10:29 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
And THEN you try to claim all the crime is in isolated areas, as if it isnt pretty much the same way in Atlanta. Oh or what about someone shooting at the bus with the football team on it? Even with the huge difference in size Atlanta only had 23 more murders than Bham in 2008.

Now with damn near HALF the population youre going to sit here and tell me the numbers arent WAY too high for a city the size of Birmingham? lol.. im done with this thread this dude is delusional.
Looks like we may have them whupped on aggravated assaults, however. Or am I just reading this wrong?

Last edited by Yac; 01-03-2011 at 07:19 AM..

Old 11-29-2010, 11:31 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,399,315 times
Quote:
LMAO... so Ensley, Fairfield, Bessemer and West End dont have areas that compare to the hoods of Atlanta???? Are you serious right now?
Did I say that???? Hell no I didn't! This is exactly what I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Aficionado View Post
There isn't a single area of Birmingham that outshines the ghetto's that can be found right here buddy.
And this was only in response to your ridiculous "majority of Birmingham is ghetto" claim dude.

Quote:
If Bham is so NOT a crime filled city I find it terribly ironic that they manage to make pretty much every most dangerous list WAY ahead of Atlanta. Atlanta is going to have MORE incidents OBVIOUSLY because the population is SO MUCH MORE than Birmingham. Percentage wise? Not even close.. and this is why you see Birmingham in the top 5 most dangerous cities.
You still aren't getting it, but I can't say that I am surprised at this point. Birmingham and Memphis are almost always ranked very closely also, but because of the vast difference in city proper/metro population disbursement between the two metros, the incidents are more confined to certain areas in Birmingham while much more widespread in Memphis. Unfortunately you decided to set up shop in one or several of those areas, sorry.

Quote:
And THEN you try to claim all the crime is in isolated areas, as if it isnt pretty much the same way in Atlanta. Even with the huge difference in size Atlanta only had 23 more murders than Bham in 2008.
But how many more home invasions and car jackings did Atlanta have?

For the record, I am in no way attempting to depict Atlanta as a horrible place or else I wouldn't be here. The point is I have lived in one city while working in the other, and it was longer than your year long stint in the hoods of Bham.lol I just can't stand when people exaggerate the truth, and to say that Birmingham is any more ghetto than Atlanta is simply as lie. Neither Birmingham nor Atlanta are in the upper echelon of what I have experienced so save it!

I suppose my perception of Birmingham would be equally jaded if hood-life was my only point of reference.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:15 AM

39 posts, read 162,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzMichelleNYC View Post
not if i report you first. i still have the original emails where you initially started harassing me first about moving from nyc to atl just so you can instigate a fight for no other reason to just find a focus for your hateration... so let's not be accusing me of stalking when i was responding PUBLICLY on these boards. And it was very smart of you to change your location to brooklyn. at least you can spell that correctly. oh, and do try to complete your sentences. it's not good to truncate your words. it leads to an incomplete thought.

now let's bring this discussion back to birmingham and atlanta. i'm learning a lot from these folks on the similarities and differences of these cities as well as their historic value. try not to put a damper on things, my dear.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:35 AM

1,937 posts, read 4,707,639 times
The fact of the matter is that Atlanta is a global city, Birmingham is an Alabama city with no impact except north central Alabama.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:44 PM

937 posts, read 926,748 times
Birmingham is where the family's at... That is all. A slower town with good folks. A bit crime ridden, but it's the epitome of the down-south country city. I do miss Birmingham Barons games... I do LOVE Grapico... Birmingham's just it's own city. Southern hospitality is abundant and they love themselves some college football. Rammer Jammer Yella Hammer

Old 11-30-2010, 08:25 PM

106 posts, read 232,285 times
For some reason, Birmingham reminds me of slightly overweight frat guys who enjoy wearing polo shirts and american eagle hats that are artificially roughed up, they might complement it with some camo cargo shorts. oh yeah, almost forgot, and their hair cut style will be like a old school bowl cut but a bit more shaggy, nice and cleaned up around the ears though, i think they have a factory somewhere in birmingham that produces these types as clones
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta